Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference between an 870 express magnum, and this Remington 870 Express Tactical ??

i see everyone on here and a few other sites talking about their 870 magnum?? is the 870 i linked to a good choice?

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
the one linked has the extended mag tube and a 18" barrel.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
An 870 Express is an 870 Express. Both are 3" magnum chambered. The 870 Express Magnum is a model available in several different variations directed toward hunting, sport or HD applications. The 870 Tactical is one of those variations & its features are intended for"Social" purposes. And, for that application, it is a very good choice. If you are planning on Turkey Hunting...not so much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An 870 Express is an 870 Express. Both are 3" magnum chambered. The 870 Express Magnum is a model available in several different variations directed toward hunting, sport or HD applications. The 870 Tactical is one of those variations & its features are intended for"Social" purposes. And, for that application, it is a very good choice. If you are planning on Turkey Hunting...not so much.
thanks., im not a hunter strictly for home defense so i guess i might go snatch this up!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
870 is probably the most commonly issued police shotgun in the US.
It's been in service long enough the bugs are pretty well worked out of it.
To paraphrase Colonel Cooper (rest his soul!) -- it is a friend who can argue loudly and powerfully and most convincingly on your behalf!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts