Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Another nice video from Paul Harrell

I enjoy his approach, and videos.
His 40 S&W testing just confirms what I have posted here on my deer kills.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Video reinforces that 9mm bullet enhancement has not been in exclusion of other calibers (40).
Enhanced smaller bullets still do not do as much damage as larger bullets with same enhancement.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
There is always going to be this discussion between the 45ACP-40S&W & 9mm-Luger but not limited to those three either. In my life time Cooper was the advocate of the 45ACP thus theory and Askins was actual proficient killer of individuals. The caliber wars never ending thus more of the same.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Paul does some of the best, most educational gun videos on YouTube. I enjoyed this one a lot.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Very good video, thanks for posting.

I think the advice of "carry the most powerful round you can shoot well" makes sense, and this video seems to support it. I don't think 9mm is a bad choice in general, but for LE to start going back to it does seem like a step backwards, and I suspect it's motivated mostly by cost.

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Just reaffirms what years of hunting has taught me that no matter what you carry go heavy for caliber if you want to keep it simple. I will still carry my 147g 9mm. No surprise that a 180g 40 is all over a 115g 9mm. Weight kills and velocity sells bullets when it comes to handguns. Of course when you get both well, that's a magnum right?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I liked this one, not so much for the ballistic testing aspect, that's been done.

I liked how he compared the shootability against standards of time AND accuracy in comparable platforms. That was pretty cool and well thought out.

OP thanks for posting.......

Chuck

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Goodness. This again? I'll take a 125 grain 1585 FPS 357 magnum for the win!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Id rather have anything starting with and ending with a 4 or a 5, 200 grain or above at a nominal 1000 fps, but I doubt I would likely have that on me if I needed it.

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
I would love to own a 357 sig but it's still not close to a true 357 HOT hand loaded 125.
Truthfully I am carrying a 9mm today. This argument just gets really old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I don't see how this is an argument until people start posting ridiculous stuff, and trying to prove their views, instead of an honest look and comparison of the video for which it was intended to be......subjective and informational.

The best way to avoid subjects one is sick of, is a simple process;

Dont click on it.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Very good video, thanks for posting.

I think the advice of "carry the most powerful round you can shoot well" makes sense, and this video seems to support it. .
I also like this quote, but I like the slightly modified version:

"carry the most powerful round you can shoot well.....and will carry"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts