1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upland Home Hid Cache of Guns
LA Times ^ | 4/19/06 | Lance Pugmire, Times Staff Writer

Posted on 04/19/2006 2:25:36 PM EDT

Authorities announced Tuesday that they discovered nearly 900 firearms hidden in secret panels, under floors and behind walls in an upscale home in the foothills of Upland.

A team of federal, state and local police raided the house Friday as part of an investigation into a man accused of wounding his wife and a Glendora police officer during shooting incidents in February and last month.

Inside the home, authorities found assault weapons, submachine guns, automatic rifles, explosive devices and other weapons, said Shirley Lesslak, a Department of Justice special agent supervisor.

A wine cellar had been converted into a makeshift weapons storage area and shooting range, Lesslak said.

Authorities arrested the homeowner, Robert Ferro, 61, a retired Army Special Forces officer, accusing him of running a huge black-market gun business out of the home at the end of cul-de-sac.

The San Bernardino County district attorney filed eight felony counts against Ferro on Monday, including possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a destructive device, possession of a silencer and possession of a deadly weapon.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 Does this look like the home of a non-DOPER dangerous felon?
#2 I like the idea of the underground range, but without the exhaust fans life is gonna be shorter due to a lack of breathable air.
#3 The guy is a retired SF Officer. I'll bet in L.A. that's a felony.
#4 I admit it.....I'm jealous of this collection!

·
Super Moderator
24,738 Posts
I'm jealous too! Do you figure this guy knew with certainty where each one was (e.g. to "grab" his "favorite"), or did he has have one of each stashed wherever? LOL! How'd he keep track of them!

I'm curious how he financed all of those!

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
900 !!!!!!!! Wow!

Collection?? nah - that's what Brady calls an arsenal - and the media too. My sorry ''collection'' is not even worthy of mention!!

What must that lot have been worth - multiple thousands.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Just imagine how many he sold "off the record" to like minded individuals...:image035:

·
Super Moderator
25,608 Posts
That's a collection! And the house isn't bad either. Unfortunately the "chopper" is going to be working overtime.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
The San Bernardino County district attorney filed eight felony counts against Ferro on Monday, including possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a destructive device, possession of a silencer and possession of a deadly weapon.
This begs the obvious question: Why weren't these charges filed by the U.S. Attorney? These are federal felonies, after all.

Could it be that the BATF is more interested in hassling law abiding gun owners like they did at a Virginia gun show awhile back instead of going after major violators like Ferro?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts