Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best 9mm ammo for edc Kel-Tec as far as hollow point vs FMJ, and grain, and what not. Is is a good idea to buy ammunition online? Yeah I'm new but I want to learn. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!

I have shot a lot of Winchester WB 115 FMJ in my PF9 with no problem.

Kel Tec PF9 is not rated for a large amount of +P ammo therefore I practice with standard pressure ammo.

The HP carry ammo I am loaded with is Federal standard pressure 115gr.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I use Golden Saber 124 gr., JHP. They feed perfectly in my PF-9.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I use only 115 gr. in my PF-9, fmj for practice, and jhp for business, mine is not choosy about brands, I like the 115 for their speed.

Z

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
115 - 124 gr, HP's - JHP's, etc. for self defense... FMJ's for practice shooting.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Now that I think about it, I don't believe I have ever had a malfunction in my P11. She's gobbled up everything I have ever run through it. She's really a decent small firearm.

My P11 is my "tool box" gun,....literally! I carry it if I'm in a rush to get out the door & I don't feel like running upstairs to grab the Sig or Colt out of the safe.

She's stoked with Winchester Sub-sonic ST's, (147gr JHP).

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
For practice I use whatever is cheapest, but for serious, I use DoubleTap 124g Gold Dot +P. They feed reliably, and are within limits of +P pressure, but give near .357Sig performance. Accuracy is very good, too.

I bought a good supply of this ammo before the rush, and I don't know if DoubleTap is currently able to get the 124 Gold Dots. I'm sure the velocity and muzzle energy are similar, and I know whatever bullet they are using will be a good one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts