Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9mm AR pistol 2.jpg

My latest toy...Palmetto State 9mm Billet (Glock mags) lower, 7.5" upper w / 6" M-lok handguard.
Sig SBX arm brace
Magpul AFG foregrip
Magpul MOE K2 + grip
Magpul MBUS flip-up sights
ALG Defense ACT fire control group
Primary Arms 2 MOA Micro Dot w / riser

·
8,501 Posts
I'd like to hear a full range report on this one. I'm very interested in building the exact same thing.

Reactions: Havok

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I've got one of similar build, without the brace, and it's one of the most fun guns I own to shoot. Recoil is soft enough that you don't need the brace, I just bring the buffer tube to my cheek and let it eat. I would like to stamp it and put a real stock on it, along with a folding stock adapter. Would make a great backpack gun.

Reactions: atctimmy

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Don't think that those are legal in Illinois. Was at a range one day and the range master told a guy that he couldn't have a pistol grip on his rifle.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Couldn't have a pistol grip on his rifle?

Do you mean a pistol grip like an AR or a vertical fore end grip or a fore end grip on his pistol?

MrTimm
Don't think that those are legal in Illinois. Was at a range one day and the range master told a guy that he couldn't have a pistol grip on his rifle.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My 995TS has a pistol grip. And a fore end grip. There's a lot of them out there. 16 1/2 barrel and it's legal as far as I know. I think my FFL would've told me if it wasn't. Maybe not allowed at that range.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
My wife wanted an AR but mine was to heavy for her so I built her a shorter lighter AR 9mm pistol a couple years back and used a regular Aero Precision upper and lower with a 9mm adaptor , 10.5" Gm barrel and rock river hand guard . Remaining pistol parts were picked for a bargain shopping around . Sig brace was legal to shoulder at that time !! . It now has a single point sling on it to go with the primary arms 2moa dot and a small laser on top where her thmb would rest when shooting .

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l444/hardluk1/102_0406_zpsdrq9gfcc.jpg?1467584496754&1467584498766&1467584502380

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Lucky for the OP this is a pistol, not a rifle. 7.5" barrel, no stock. I assume it is registered as a pistol in IL.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to hear a full range report on this one. I'm very interested in building the exact same thing.
atctimmy, it took about 6 rounds to get the PA red dot sighted in. This was a blast to shoot and very easy to stay on target out to 25 yards, (max at indoor range). No failure to feed or fire. My son-in-law that was shooting with me said it was throwing brass like he was under supressive fire. :image035:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GpTom, I'm in Tennessee and this was built as a pistol. No issue with the pistol grip here.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Pretty sure a VERTICAL fore end grip would not be legal on this weapon without a stamp. Would be considered an SBR I believe.

Reactions: Tcounty

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Nope, wouldn't be considered an SBR. It would be considered a violation of the Federal Firearms Act. Yet you're right, the pictured example is not vertical, therefore comPLETELY unrestricted. :yup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice pistol OP! Should OC it and let us know what kind of looks you get. :danceban:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Nope, wouldn't be considered an SBR. It would be considered a violation of the Federal Firearms Act. Yet you're right, the pictured example is not vertical, therefore comPLETELY unrestricted. :yup:
I stand corrected! The NFA determination, if one were to attach the vertical fore grip to a pistol, is that it constitutes an unregistered AOW, not an SBR.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I stand corrected! The NFA determination, if one were to attach the vertical fore grip to a pistol, is that it constitutes an unregistered AOW, not an SBR.
Bingo! I'm not a lawyer, but I watch a lot of old Perry Mason re-runs. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Bingo! I'm not a lawyer, but I watch a lot of old Perry Mason re-runs. :biggrin2:
Ha, good one!!

That wouldn't have helped anyway. Perry Mason's career ended in 1967 BEFORE the Gun Control Act of 1968.....

Reactions: atctimmy
1 - 20 of 22 Posts