Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, just wanted to drop in an say hi. Glad to find this place and take advantage of the wealth of information here. I currently have two 9mm Sig pistols, the SP2022 and the P290. Love the SP for it's accuracy and comfort while shooting at the range and love the size of the P290 for carry during the hotter months here in Texas. I am interested in learning more about different carry rounds for the 9mm. I currently have been carrying the federal 147gr HST but may pick up some other rounds to try out because I know the industry keeps improving. I love the 9mm for it's effectiveness vs. how many rounds a small single stack pistol can hold and the recent stuff from Federal and Winchester has proven very effective in all the tests I've looked through when comparing expansion, penetration, velocity, etc..

So anyway, that's why I'm here, hope to get to know some of you here and learn more!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Today's modern 9mm puts the round right in the same ballpark as the .40 and .45. So many are still hanging on results of testing that took place in the old days. Take a look at this:

gel.jpg

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome from Memphis from a native Texan.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Howdy Hay from WA state Today Bad Apple. I carry Federal JHP. Lotsa folks here carry Federal rounds. I have for 20 years. Ask anyone here, I'm 1/2 Texan.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. :wave:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
welcome from PA. lots of great info and nice people here. happy shooting.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.