Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a handful of threads here that discuss the ARX ammo in general (.38, .357, 9mm) but I thought I'd start one dealing specifically with 9mm.

The Inceptor is a polycase round designed for soft tissue penetration (without expansion) that will break up on hard barriers to prevent over penetration. While it doesn't have a long track record yet, early indications are that it is a contender for EDC vs. something like the vaunted Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. I carry.

I have mags filled with ARX and the GD and I can report that the ARX mags are significantly and noticeably lighter weight. Time will tell if that's enough of a difference to trust my life to.

Here's another

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I wouldn't.

These "screwdriver" rounds are latest iteration of the lightweight, warp speed gimmick rounds.

They are always found wanting.

Stick with your Gold Dots. The weight difference is maybe an ounce...

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a smoking hot topic!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Technically interesting.

·
Banned
342 Posts
I can see using rounds like these if you lived in a place like New Jersey or San Francisco where hollow points are banned. But otherwise I would always opt for a hollow point.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
I use Speer. I might change to HST , but this looks impressive, but they are not cheap !

Reactions: Sportymonk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts