Defensive Carry banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
But the .30 carbine is a smaller caliber and lighter grain than 9mm Luger. It is far below the 2400fps guide for temporary cavity damage. And it doesn't carry or conceal like a pistol. I can't transport it under my pistol license. 9mm is cheaper and easier to find.

I can carry an AR pistol with better performance in many calibers. I can carry so many better calibers in a carbine. The M1 carbine may be fun for a collector piece. There isn't tactical or legal reason to seek one out.

9mm carbine can only be justified by contorted legal requirements, or just for fun reasons. But I can appreciate that.
Lighter grain? You mean the wood stock of the M1 has a brighter hue to it than the grainy black plastic if a 9mm carbine?

Because I can’t see how a grain of .30 Carbine bullet is lighter than a grain of 9mm bullet...a grain is a grain, right?:wink:

Sorry. Pet peeve when these discussions come up.

And the .30 Carbine is a pretty decent little weapon...very effective at close range, and not handicapped with ball ammo. It’s darn near recoilless, very light and quick handling. I wouldn’t feel underarmed in the slightest if it was what I had to use one for situations where a 9mm AR pistol would also be an appropriate choice.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Lighter grain? You mean the wood stock of the M1 has a brighter hue to it than the grainy black plastic if a 9mm carbine?

Because I can’t see how a grain of .30 Carbine bullet is lighter than a grain of 9mm bullet...a grain is a grain, right?:wink:

Sorry. Pet peeve when these discussions come up.
Grain is a unit of weight. It means that 124 > 110.
Clear?

There were no semantic or grammatical errors.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Funny thing about the M1 carbine? That has been my wifes go to bug out weapon since we were married 27 years ago. Still is.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Grain is a unit of weight. It means that 124 > 110.
Clear?

There were no semantic or grammatical errors.
So, you'd normally say a 4oz steak is “lighter ounce” than a 8oz steak?

Reactions: viney266
41 - 44 of 44 Posts