Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I just sold one , it was the standard chief's size , but i understand taurus built some short cyl ones that were just long enough for the 9mm round , i can get with the guy who bought mine once i get back home and mic it out for ya if you will give me where you want it mic'd from , i just dont want to draft a schematic unless ya need it lol

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
The "smaller than J frame" Taurus 905's were know as the "Instant Backup." I saw a photo somewhere in webland of the IB and standard 905 and the former was indeed smaller than the latter.

It's a shame this gun hasn't caught on. I'd like to get one.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That was exactly the gun I was looking at for my 1st handgun. I've compared one sibe-by-side with a Taurus 2" 38 and the 9mm is slightly smaller. I just decided to spend a little more and get a GLOCK 26. It seemed to be a very well built firearm.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I've seen a few 905 IB's now and then and when I do, they generally go for $340 or so. "Standard" 905's a little cheaper, but that usually depends on whether they are blued or stainless; with a hammer or hammerless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Redneck Repairs said:
I just sold one , it was the standard chief's size , but i understand taurus built some short cyl ones that were just long enough for the 9mm round , i can get with the guy who bought mine once i get back home and mic it out for ya if you will give me where you want it mic'd from , i just dont want to draft a schematic unless ya need it lol
I need length and diameter of cyllinder. Standard, not short IB version.
I have Protector 357mag, and I think the frame should be same size like 9mm. I want to be sure. I like to have interchangeble cyllinders for same frame.
If it possible, good to have picture of rear side of cyllinder, to see extractor.
Thank you.

What was the reason to sell it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also have a 9mm IB and love it. Very concealable and the grip is natural. To my knowledge, since they did not catch on, they are no longer in production. I don't like the moon clips though.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Will get pics and mesurements in the next day or two , been on the road and just got home , hopefully before monday will have the info for ya

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
srfl said:
The "smaller than J frame" Taurus 905's were know as the "Instant Backup." I saw a photo somewhere in webland of the IB and standard 905 and the former was indeed smaller than the latter.

It's a shame this gun hasn't caught on. I'd like to get one.
We have a few in stock.......i was lookin at em...........real neet guns........a bit smaller than the J Frame..............but real close in O/A size.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redneck Repairs said:
Will get pics and mesurements in the next day or two , been on the road and just got home , hopefully before monday will have the info for ya
Great!
Thank you wery much.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I had not forgotten you , but my buddy got tied up and has not had time to bring it by so i can mic it ( he does not own a micromiter )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Redneck Repairs said:
I had not forgotten you , but my buddy got tied up and has not had time to bring it by so i can mic it ( he does not own a micromiter )
Thank you! I am sorry. It is no rush.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The IB never caught on? It was vaporware for the longest time. I only saw the first one in a shop a few months ago... Surely they are not out of production yet, right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DDGator said:
The IB never caught on? It was vaporware for the longest time. I only saw the first one in a shop a few months ago... Surely they are not out of production yet, right?
As it written at taurus.com they discontinued IB in 9mm. I looked chance to buy IB 9mm titanium, since they advertised about it. But did not found one. Only ones I saw IB 9mm stainless DAO, but did not get one, because I like regular DA.
It looks like marketing analists at Taurus are nor realy smart. They discontinue good product before it reach local shops.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
nabludatel said:
(SNIP)
It looks like marketing analists at Taurus are nor realy smart. They discontinue good product before it reach local shops.
I feel for ya Nabludatel......I love the concept of this revolver and regret it never made it in the marketplace.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Old promise but not forgotten ... dementions are as follows

39.30mm or 1.550 inch length x 1.375 inch or 34.95 mm hope it isnt too late and hope it helps

1 - 20 of 20 Posts