1 - 20 of 507 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
It's the man, not the machine.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I think I'll leave that debate up to the discussion forums.
I think George - I will just LEAVE the debate - the hell alone :lol:

As we say anyways - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement" - ''shot placement". :wink:

Did I say - ''shot placement" :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
But P95Carry, what about shot placement? Is it important?

:biggrin:

Matt

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
oO( if your unshure which to favor well then just cary both ;) )

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx Matt - near forgot - yep - most important - ''shot placement'' :lol:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Shot placement is crutical, but size does matter, the bigger the hole the faster you bleed out.
There is no replacement for displacement, the bigger the better.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
There is no replacement for displacement
Haha - there is our new mantra :wink:

True Bruce - if said displacement is in right place. :hand25: - but one .45 badly placed may do no more than a better placed 9mm - :hand25:

OK - enough already - I must not be dragged <screaming> into this debate :banana:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
P95Carry said:
OK - enough already - I must not be dragged <screaming> into this debate :banana:
Oh, yes you shall. If a 9mm and a .45 were both fired into a BG's non-vital zone, chances are he would die faster from the .45 round just cause of the size of the hole.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Well, Bruce, I subscribe to the big hole theory. Most of the time, I carry my Warrior with 230gr Win SXT JHPs.

That said, having been a paramedic for 15 years, I don't think that the ~.1 inch difference in the size of the hole will markedly effect the rate of blood loss, all other things being equal.

Of course, shot placement is also important. I think I heard that somewhere.....

Matt

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
There is no replacement for displacement, the bigger the better.
You've spent some time around Big Blocks eh? :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bruce - I will NOT be baited!! :hand25: :lol:

Matt - indeed, most clinical analysis does not see a usually discernible difference. The blood loss equation almost can come down to semantics :wink: Oh and plus - either projectile, may or not, sever an artery.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
If you are waiting for the bad guy to exanguinate, you're going to be waiting a while. Far too long, if he still has intentions to do you ill.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
MattLarson said:
If you are waiting for the bad guy to exanguinate, you're going to be waiting a while. Far too long, if he still has intentions to do you ill.

Matt
Indeed, Platt had lost 1/2 his blood volume by the end of the Miami shootout and still had enough life left in him for the EMTs to start life saving measures.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
For that matter, I took care of a guy who took a .25 ball round in the chest. It traversed the lung, struck a posterior rib and bounced back toward the front of his chest, passing through his left ventricle.

He still managed to run ~150 yards before collapsing. Even with his heart pumping essentially nothing.

Matt

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
OD said:
You've spent some time around Big Blocks eh? :wink:
why yes, yes I have I even have one in my Camaro

Even though it is a baby big block (396) she still sh!%$ gets and goes.

Come on guys just houghmer me and go along with the .45 being a better man stopper. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Sweet lookin' ride Bruce! :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Come on guys just houghmer me and go along with the .45 being a better man stopper
You'll get no argument from me amigo.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Come on guys just houghmer me and go along with the .45 being a better man stopper.
Hmm - ''hummer'' first and then, ''houghmer'' - Bruce, it is too early in the day for beer ya know :smile:

OK I will ''humor'' you :wink:

''Hey guys - Gospel according to St Bruce - the .45 has all the cojones''!!! :rofl:

1 - 20 of 507 Posts