Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201305300071

Except it won't be a boot. It'll be an M1A Abrams tank, supported by an F22 Raptor squadron with Hellfire missiles. Try treason on for size. See how that suits. And their assault arsenal and RPGs won't do them any good.

I ain't got any RPG's around here. You got any RPG's?

Reactions: darbo and bigmacque

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
From the article:
"This foaming at the mouth, Obamar is coming for the guns, Nanny Bloomberg is a bad billionaire, and...those survivors and victims are pawns in the liberal agenda is knuckle-dragging Cretan talk."

Apparently "knuckle-dragging Cretans" are straight up truth tellers.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
That article's tough to read. He's either a poor writer or letting his sophistry getting in the way of what he needs to communicate. He also needs to ditch the automatic spell-checker and start some quality editing.

And IMO he's seeing things a bit less than clearly:

From the article said:
We put the president in the White House. To support the new NRA president's agenda of arming the populace for confrontation with the government is bloody treason. And many invite it gladly as if the African-American president we voted for is somehow infringing on their Constitutional rights.
The NRA doesn't arm the citizens.

The citizens arming themselves isn't so they can go out to confront their governing few, let alone commit "bloody treason" to (as implied) take down said governing few.

The mere fact he states baldly that some feel as if the president/government "is somehow infringing" upon constitutional rights shows he doesn't get it, at all. He's a liberty-destroyer who's swallowing the pap he's being spoon-fed. He's an example of the brainwashing that is occurring by the leftists who want our liberties, who are holding up independent citizens as terrorists and threats. When in reality, the vast majority simply want to have the hood ornament removed from their tailpipes, and to protect and guard against that ever happening again ... foreign or domestic, violent felon or treasonous governing hireling.

Next "news" story.

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
Wow, a Journalism professor who thinks the Civil War was just fought over slavery. Well, that tells me all I need to know about Mr.Swindell.

He also calls Sarah Palin a half-wit. Liberals do hate strong, intelligent women, don't they? Nancy "we must pass the bill before we read it" is much more to their liking.

So, given the other opinions of Swindell, it's no surprise that he has disdain for the NRA and their stance against background checks.

When this passes for a Journalism Professor at the college level, is it any wonder why the main stream media is so Anti 2A and anti Conservative? They are fed this garbage 24/7 for 4 years in college. When they come out they are brain washed for life.

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
That article's tough to read. He's either a poor writer or letting his sophistry getting in the way of what he needs to communicate. He also needs to ditch the automatic spell-checker and start some quality editing.
And he's a Journalism Professor! I love how he manages to throw down the race card too by calling Obama the "African-American" President. Why not just, "the President"? So much ignorance in one short quote.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Wow that was a bit much. Can I have that 5 minutes of my life back please?
Same here...........The guy is an idiot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Word of the day!!!!!! (sophistry)

Wow, a Journalism professor who thinks the Civil War was just fought over slavery. Well, that tells me all I need to know about Mr.Swindell.

He also calls Sarah Palin a half-wit. Liberals do hate strong, intelligent women, don't they? Nancy "we must pass the bill before we read it" is much more to their liking.
I would not call Pain a half-wit just as I would not condier her an intellectually challenging person. She preaches to the choir and really brings nothing new to the plate in terms of new idea, supporting current ones, or being able to articulate "our" message to people who disagree. Almost all speeches I hear from her are regurgetated info that is already being said by others. I do not find her particulary intelligent the times I see her pressed for a question that is not loaded in her favor.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ugh. There it is again. "Common sense gun safety". In all his wisdom of what is and isn't true in the "gun safety debate" (replace safety with control for accuracy), he seems to have missed the whole point. The NRA, along with the majority of Americans (I want to pretend that I know for sure that the "majority" support my opinion, too) would rather not rebel against the government. We'd rather our government recognize our constitutional right (that yes, Christopher Swindell, the government IS infringing on) and leave our guns alone. We'd rather that the government NOT label us extremists and terrorists (as Swindell himself even calls us) simply because we are constitutionalists (God forbid). We'd rather that our government return to its roots of being OF the people and FOR the people, instead of OF elitists and FOR themselves. We'd rather our government NOT be a corrupt unit of disgusting overreach.

It's ironic how he wants to blame the NRA for arming domestic terrorists (since, you know, the NRA sells firearms - not supports our rights), but conveniently forgets that our own government is quite literally arming criminals in our neighbor to the South.

Mr. Swindell, the Second Amendment isn't about "a shotgun for home defense, a handgun for limited conceal/carry, and an assortment of hunting rifles to balance West Virginia's exploding deer population". It is about protecting our rights. It is about freedom from a tyrannical government. It is interesting, that with all your opinions you have failed to involve any facts as support in your commentary. It's okay, I understand, it's a commentary so the whole point really is to give your opinion. But believe you me, being a professor of journalism is a long way off from making you an expert in constitutional law or world (or American, for that matter) history.

Also, that Toby Keith song is aimed at terrorists in the Middle East. We extremists know this, because we've actually listened to the full song a hundred times. I don't think anybody has tried to direct that song at the Government. Nice try.

·
Registered
42,103 Posts
And the F-22 is an air superiority fighter, not a ground support weapon, and it wouldn't carry Hellfires, mavericks at best. Other than taking down the CAF, The F-22 would be useless. I'm sure the Abrams crew would prefer an A-10 for that role. I surprised the author didn't comment on using assault ARs with 30-round "clips."

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
He's attempting to "Swindell" us, on the anti-2A concept. :tired:

We'll stoop to the basic truth of the matter, that they're coming for our liberties. They'll stoop misdirection, misrepresentation and deceit to cow the meek and ignorant into doing their bidding. And they call liberty supporters "extremist." I'd be happy if our hirelings would simply stop handing us lipstick as they're diddling us. That'd be a start.

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
And the F-22 is an air superiority fighter, not a ground support weapon, and it wouldn't carry Hellfires, mavericks at best. Other than taking down the CAF, The F-22 would be useless. I'm sure the Abrams crew would prefer an A-10 for that role. I surprised the author didn't comment on using assault ARs with 30-round "clips."
That's probably in his lecture planner for next week.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Ugh. There it is again. "Common sense gun safety". In all his wisdom of what is and isn't true in the "gun safety debate" (replace safety with control for accuracy), he seems to have missed the whole point.
Yup.

Common-sense "gun" safety is keeping your finger off the trigger, knowing your target, only pointing at what you're prepared to destroy.

Common-sense liberty safety is following the constitutional prohibitions against infringement, working within its boundaries, doing what it says, and holding our hirelings accountable to their sworn oaths to us.

But then, it's becoming all to common to have to explain these things to the "common-sense" crowd, who are all but choking on the pap they're being fed by those who would take all our liberties.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
"Swindell is a professor of journalism." One that cannot spell. It's cretin not cretan.

A Cretan is from Crete The most populous island in Greece.

But maybe he meant Cretan...He did capitalize it... So maybe he hates Greeks from Crete... Regardless he's just another mindless dolt.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
In the movie Major League, Bob Uecker played an announcer who called a pitch that was behind the batter, " ... a liiittttle outside"

I'd call this a little over the top. Sorry also to see him touted as a professor of journalism: one of the sorriest extremes of our liberties is the extreme most journalists have taken with freedom of the press. Rather than letting that be their opportunity to report the news, most 'journalists' take that to mean they are free to go beyond reporting and into swaying opinions with only their side of the story. Loaded language, half-baked headlines and stories short on all the facts are now the norm vs. the intention. It's a sorry state of news media; if anyone is leading us down a prim-rose path towards third-world country despotism it's our media.

Yeah ... a little over the top. And not journalism.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Wow that word sophistry is a real word. That Swindell is a serious nut job. He owes me 5 minutes I'll never get back.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Super Moderator
24,716 Posts
History lesson: It was an awful Civil War won decisively some 150 years ago. Over slavery. The Confederacy wanted to keep African-Americans in chains and President Lincoln didn't.
Wherever he is a professor of journalism needs to evaluate his fitness for the position.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts