Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my family and I put down our family dog. Had him since he was a pup. He was 16 years old and suffering. I was having a heck of a time dealing with it, after all I'm only 22 (had the dog 72% of my life). My family moved around a whole bunch in my youth, but Gus was always there for us.

My girlfriend realized how upset I was and bought me a little gift to cheer me up. She came home with a brand-spanking new Mavrick 88 made by Mossberg. What an awesome weapon. I took it to the trap range, and it preformed flawlessly.

Miss my dog, but LOVE my girlfriend and my new toy. Sounds like a country song...

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Sorry about your loss.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
So very sorry to hear about your dog..

If you are one of those that name their guns, well a shot-gun named "Gus" sounds kinda nice.

Z

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Let me offer my condolences to the situation with putting down a canine friend...had to do that just a few weeks ago to the best dog I'd ever had in decades.
It's a tough chore, and I get teary-eyed thinking about it. You can't replace the space left by a great dog.

Hope you love the gun, but the dog is a friend you'll remember forever!

Take care,

ret

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Sorry about your loss. It's tough putting down a good friend. Enjoy the new shotty and know your friend will always be with you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My condolences to you too. I've done it before and am in the process of getting the family prepared for putting our oldest dog Jed down in the near future. Good luck with the new shotty. You'll be sure to remember Gus every time you take it to the range.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Sounds like you found a fine lady there!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Been there. My brother's dog was six years old and we hads to put her down this week due to pancreatic cancer. It's rough. But, if someone is going to write a country song, I'm pretty sure that dogs and guns are subjects that can't be beat!

·
Registered
342 Posts
A truly good dog is hard to find, Im sorry about your lose.

Enjoy the gun and cool girl! Maybe she is hoping you will give her a cool gift(ring). LOL!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss... Naming your shotgun "Gus", in his behalf would be one way to honor him...

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
My lab is getting old,shes 13 and as long as she can get around she will have a place in my home,I can't even think about putting her down,I hope she lives out her life and goes peacefully in her sleep when the time comes

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very sorry for your loss as well. I had to put down the best dog I've ever had back on 10/23, and he was 16 years old too. Definitely feeling your pain on this one.

Naming your shotgun "Gus", in his behalf would be one way to honor him...
I think that's a hell of an idea (!).

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Sorry about your dog.
I put down my own dog, also named 'Gus', last March.

BTW your shotgun, it's not a "weapon".
It's a firearm.

It becomes weaponized only by choice of the handlers applied use...same as a rock, knife, baseall bat, golf club, car, TV remote, or pen among most anything else.
A common but not insignificant point of difference.

- Janq likes dogs and Mossberg

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss... Naming your shotgun "Gus", in his behalf would be one way to honor him...
Excellent idea! :hand10:

I too am sorry for your loss.

Biker

·
Super Moderator
22,322 Posts
My condolences.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts