Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through Illinois knife laws on handgunlaws.us and it appears that they're a bit vague. Has anyone from Illinois had any luck carying a 4" fixed blade knife as a daily carry? Does it look like doing this will get me in legal trouble outside the kingdom of Chicago?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Can't help with specifics but what I do know or feel is - simply - in many states, knife legislation is a grey area.

It is darned hard to find in many cases real definitive statutes that spell it out in plain black and white - at least the way I see it.

Many states in theory do not permit butterflies but heck - the darned things are on sale every which way - and even some cops I know are less than clear on the exact situation.

Never try to be a test case and so - play safe and go below what you think is a max. Bit like trimming a shottie to 18 1/2" nstead of exact 18" :wink:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I went out and got a 4" fixed winchester from walmart. This thing is HUGE on my belt. I don't think I want to try carrying this in public. It's just asking for unwanted attention from the coppers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts