Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could be in scenarios I guess but it is LE too.

http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos/maniacbeatscop.html

Pity the cop was not prepared enough and could have put this scumbag down. I guess tho 60 years in the pen is better than nothing!! (except for what it costs - US!!).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd seen that before, makes me wonder why she asked him to step out of the car but then was rather off guard about the situation.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I always imagine, that if I were a cop, and had a questionable person stopped, If at all possible, I would have backup there just in case. I know cops get training in aprehension, but with someone with arms like that, I wouldn't even have gotten within 10 feet of him.

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
One of my "things" is that "we" are simply too trusting and complacent. It re-emphasizes to me that it can happen and we can't necessarily predict who and when.

The same thing would apply to a civilian when somebody approaches them in a guise of asking for directions, help, etc. We need to be prepared and hopefully not surprised.

From "Under Siege 2", "Chance favors the prepared mind."

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
yep, better to wait for backup, especially with a kid there if ya know they have warrants outstanding. Great dad, beating women up in front of his daughter.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
We use that clip in training (what not to do in a traffic stop)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think she stopped him for a traffic violation and asked him out of the vehicle because he was acting suspicious. She saw marijuana or something illicit in the open in the van. That's why she was arresting him.
I remember hearing him tell his daughter that he couldn't go back to jail as he was walking away from the LEO after the beating.

Happened here in TX, IIRC.

I'm guessing/hoping he is on the Correction Officers' 'Special Treatment' list

1 - 7 of 7 Posts