Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Hoorah! I have to tip my hat to him on that one.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Showoff. I want to see him do that one handed from the hip, John Wayne style.

Just kidding, don't flame me. Kudos to him. I know I could not have done it when my eyes were better than they are now, and that was years ago.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
10,932 Posts
If that was above board, that was impressive.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I noticed he was smart enough to not try it again. Long range shooting is mostly in the head. You use all the same skills. Practice is what it takes. Several on this forum could make that shot with enough time and money and devotion,which few have without a sponsor. I don't mean to make light of his skill. He has put in many hours of work to get where he is. That is his profession And has to have fired many thousands of dollars of ammo. Most of us just never will get the time and money to develop the skills we have to that level. Most would be surprised what they could accomplish,but will never get the chance to go that far. very good shooting.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
There are some things that boggle the mind and a shot like that is one of them. Flight time of the bullet is around four seconds meaning you have to take into account the rotation of the earth or the coreolis (sp) effect. The wind can be in several directions over 1K of distance. the weight of the gun is around 37 pounds give or take with load and attachments. Lay out a graph and then move the barrel .015 inches and trace out the flight of the round and see what the error is with that small of a variance.

Amazing I wish I could take some training from these guys not bragging if you can do it.

Walks away scratching his head.

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.