Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I am cleaning my weapons this morning on a sunny relaxing Saturday, I thought to start a fun thread. Here is the scenario:

Lets say the Supreme Court interprets the 2nd Amendment to mean that ALL gun laws are unconstitutional. You can own anything you can afford and all background checks/restrictions go away and you can carry however you want, where ever you want and all import and ammo restrictions are removed. In all 50 states.:sport23:

The fun question for today is: What would you do differently in terms of anything?

I will go first: I would (to start) buy a Glock 18c (over the Internet LOL) and modify my Galco VHS to have two holsters so I could carry my great custom CZ 75b SA and the Glock 18c (CC) at the same time. Then I would take my family on vacation flying to New York City, San Francisco, Mass or DC (remember no gun laws so no airport screening etc).

I would get my wife an M249 light machine gun (also over the Internet LOL) as her home defense weapon inscribed with the words "MAMA KNOWS BEST" (she likes the carry handle). :rofl:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I most likely wouldn't change anything at all. I'd rather CC than OC. I'd rather not have people know that I am armed.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I'd still CC, but I'd carry 24/7...that means at school, too.:yup::king:

:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

Oh man, I just woke up...I was dreaming that all the gun laws went into the toilet...now back to the real world.:hand1:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ridiculously short barrel shotty! :comeandgetsome:

I know you can get a SBS now, but they are regulated.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Travel more. Right now, with the mishmash of laws and interpretations, we try to travel states that I have figured out. Also, go back to Chicago. I like Chi, but quit going because of the Illinois gun laws.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would probably OC instead, have a small M4 for when rolling around town, maybe a home defender 12 ga too in the car or truck loaded up. Of course with OC I would be able to have a comfortable full size, probably on a drop leg extender and thigh holster.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would probably OC instead, have a small M4 for when rolling around town, maybe a home defender 12 ga too in the car or truck loaded up. Of course with OC I would be able to have a comfortable full size, probably on a drop leg extender and thigh holster.
Now your'e talkin!!:danceban::congrats:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Not much I would do differently other than buying a M4 or M1A Socom16 that has at least 3 round bursts and possibly full auto capabilities on the M4.:image035: And for Fun a full auto Thompson sub-machine gun. :hand5:

·
Registered
41,559 Posts
I want a Ma Duece for home protection! It's too big for CC.

I would like to have a Thompson with full auto for a toy. But then, I'd get lots of toys.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gota think, if gun laws open up completely, criminals are going to be loading up just like we are, so go big or go home!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Not much of a change for me. Like some of the others, I'd just carry a few more places and up the self awareness factor a little, due to the odds of a few more yahoo's with pistols, but coming up short on responsibility. Oh, and always concealed, why give away the advantage.:image035:

GBK

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would go broke!
Well I would get a fully auto M2, MK19 and M240B with accesories. I would also have to get an older truck or original hummer to set up a mount on - then I would be in hog heaven with my personal CAAT vehicle. On the more practical side, a short barrel fully auto SIG 5.56, a 14" tactical Remington 870 would round out my collection.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I would get my wife an M249 light machine gun ... as her home defense weapon inscribed with the words "MAMA KNOWS BEST" (she likes the carry handle). :rofl:
A SAW, eh? Mama does know best. Don't fuss with mama bear. Who's yer momma, indeed!

Hm. So, all of a sudden the statutes are declared unconstitutional. I'd personally wait for the hubbub to settle down, 'cause frankly there will be stupidity galore for a time after such a ruling. Being one of the first few thousand people energetically cuffed and stuffed due to ticked off LEO's operating at the behest of their leadership doesn't thrill me.

I'm also assuming that this hypothetical ruling you're speaking of would extend toward employers being unable to fire staff simply because they opted to wear "black" that day. After a few years of getting used to it, such things would become business as usual and the sight of a colleague or business associate having the means to defend. THAT is when it would truly be ubiquitous. Until then, it would still merely be a pipe dream, since so long as employers are legally allowed to have any say, that essentially kills carrying of defensive weapons for the vast majority of working people for the vast majority of waking hours.

At some point soon, though, I'd probably adjust the collection a bit, as finances allowed. I'm assuming that the lunatic restrictions on the manufacture of full-auto weapons would be no more, thus $700 choices would abound. A couple of those would do just fine, tuned to perfect reliability. Beyond that, probably not much would change.

·
Super Moderator
22,275 Posts
I will go first: I would (to start) buy a Glock 18c (over the Internet LOL) and modify my Galco VHS to have two holsters so I could carry my great custom CZ 75b SA and the Glock 18c (CC) at the same time.
Forgive me, your profile says your primary carry gun is an 18C now, so would be carrying two 18Cs?

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
I most likely wouldn't change anything at all. I'd rather CC than OC. I'd rather not have people know that I am armed.

YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

I probably would not do anything different

Strange as that sounds

Musings of a FOOL
"If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all."
Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh I would most definitely add some toys in the full auto category with some RPGs to boot, but I was thinking about the long term affects of this new paradigm...

O.K. - Everyone gets what they want - criminals included.

Now, how many times do you think some gang is going to get away with organized, orchestrated hits? The more devastating they are the more likely they are going to be taken down by locals that know who it is and where their weak points are...

I think there would be a stoppage ( or at least as severe of a slowdown as possible) of aggression at some point when the worst are taken out and the rest see it as suicide to commit.

You end up with the least crime possible. Very polite people after that.

Of course this is counter-intuitive to linear-limited thinking ala the five-year-old's-logic used by the usual antis. ( "More guns can't possibly be better! It's just logical to ban guns!" )

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well, removing all gun laws would remove the restriction on selling full auto weapons made after I believe 1986 (May be an earlier year, I'm not sure exactly). That would drive the prices on full auto weapons down from the current outrageous prices. I would probably pick one or 2 up as money became available. The only other difference for me would be that if it also eliminated state laws on firearms, I would be able to legally carry concealed in California or other states that currently prohibit concealed carry when I travel. That's really about it. I can legally buy any other type of firearm that I want, in addition to ammunition.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
The "intent" of the Second Amendment can be explained, on TV, in one day: Starting at Boston, then going to Breed's Hill, then to Lexington, Mass., and then on to Concord along the battle road where those civilian farmers, merchants and shop keepers shot at the British with their guns, privately owned to defend their farms and homes. Rosie O'Dumbell was from Boston and should have seen these places or read about this in school, before they were turning out such fools.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts