Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No less this happened at my parents HOUSE.

I had a guy come today to put up gutterguards and fix some problems because I do not have what I need to do it and dont have the time. He gets out of the truck and I meet him at the door, walk him around the house (he is to my left and cant see behind my back) and point everything out that needs to be fixed, well almost. NO PROBLEMS. Now my father carrys but his was concealed, mine was IWB in a holster near the small of back position off to the right of my spine about 530ish . When I turned around to say something to my father this poor guy stuttered and when I turned back around his eyes were big as saucers and still fixated on my waist where he saw the rear of the slide and the grip as well as my spare mag off to the left about 7 oclock.... He looks up and goes uh uh I I I.... So whe where is this hole in the siding you were talking about?

It was priceless and when I got inside my father and I got a good laugh. Hope you all do too.
~Steve

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
An armed society is a polite society, didn't he know that?:image035:: Certainly nothing to be alarmed about.:bier:
I'll assume that he did excellent work?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SPECTACULAR actually, wonder why:rofl:
But before he left he asked what kind of gun it was and why I carry it at HOME (he said he can see why I would carry if I go out, citing the way "alot of places" have become"). My response was simple, mainly saying that HOME is just as bad as being AWAY from home, anything can happen anywhere and anytime, he then asked me where he can get a carry permit(told him the sheriffs office in the court house),asked for a reputable gun shop (Gave the name of the one I use DUNKLEBERGERS for those of you in monroe county) and if I can teach him the basics which I replied I would.
He also said he never really met a "gun person" before.
So today I helped converted a :sheep: to (hopefully) a :comeandgetsome: (I'll use that as shepard since there isnt a smily for it)
~Steve

·
Registered
441 Posts
Great Job!!!!:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Edit to add:
I would be certain to hire him for future jobs. He can become a great friend and in this economy any work would be greatly appreciated. Plus, he knows what to expect and he does great work!!! Also, feel honored that he wants you to help him protect himself, I would be!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Great Job!!!!:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Edit to add:
I would be certain to hire him for future jobs. He can become a great friend and in this economy any work would be greatly appreciated. Plus, he knows what to expect and he does great work!!! Also, feel honored that he wants you to help him protect himself, I would be!
DITTO :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Puffer

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the sheep conversion... the more we add to our side the better...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unkl, I actually DO feel honored, because not only is this man about 14 years OLDER than me but because he asked to be TAUGHT not shown. In my opinion there is a big difference between TEACH and SHOW. And you can be sure Ill be passing as much work his way as possible. Hes got a wife and kids he needs to feed.
~Steve

·
Registered
709 Posts
...he asked ... why I carry it at HOME
Some friends of mine, a married couple, both have CHP's. She asked me why I carry at home. I told her that I had conducted extensive crime data research and determined that a majority of violent home invasion crimes happen at home.

·
Registered
911 Posts
You also need to bring the guy aboard (to dc.com that is).

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
I am happy you made a friend. However, I don't carry openly in front of tradesmen or visitors. They could go to another job site and tell the story of the guy who had a nice gun, and your house may be next on the "hit" list when you're not at home.

That's just my personal preference.

·
Registered
84 Posts
this if funny but, for the most part all of us have grown up around guns and seeing and handling guns is no biggie. To people who haven't had the same background guns can be frightening. Understandable but not necessary. i would have possibly given a few words of comfort or something to the effect of oh sorry i have a permit to do this. but it's easy for me to say not being in the situation. good story:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts