Defensive Carry banner

A Glock 19 adventure.

971 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  OldChap 
#1 ·
I feel sure, many of us, firearms concealed carriers, do just that, carry. But have you ever been tested? Let me give you a scenario, one that actually happened.

As a male husband of 27 years (tomorrow is that anniversary) we married in Toronto, Canada. In a castle. A castle that was built by a man, for his bride, it is now used to visit, for a fee! I rented the glass-roofed auditorium, for the ceremony. Performed by a Rabbi, I met in a restaurant, years before. No, I am not Jewish, he was! First off I was meeting a group of target shooters for breakfast, a cool Sunday morning in Toronto. A harsh Liverpool accent caught my ear, another Scouse (Scouse, a person from Liverpool UK) in finding the person behind that voice, I met an ex WW11 Fighter Pilot from our own Royal Air Force. Flew Spitfires. Exchanged phone numbers, a couple of years after meeting, I asked for his attendance at the Castleoma, to perform a Civil Ceremony. He did, done deal.

On the invite of my Son, we entered the USA, he was a Citizen. For a vacation, 15 years ago. Still here both of us now citizens. My wife and I. Me a retired firearms instructor, Miss P, a retired accountant.
Two years ago, shopping at a local grocery store wife shopping, me sitting in our jeep, in the parking lot, reading my Library book (now converted to an electronic I-Pad!) Pandemic proof. To be continued.

See less See more
#2 ·
My blue tooth earpiece chimed. Me sitting in one of my Sons Security Jeeps. Painted appropriately, in shine at night
livery. "Two young lads are dogging me around the store no baskets, no cart. Not dressed like they are from this local" Me dressed in Ball Cap, lots of pockets pants, Florida shirt outside the pants. Glock 19 4th Gen, spare G-17 magazine under that shirt. I have shot many rounds from this combination.
"Shop normally Love, call me from the start of your check out, I will be parked up under the overhang. Standing at the rear of the jeep, you walk slow, till the outside door opens, then smoothly speed up don't run, pass by the jeep."

She sounded cool as a cucumber. Nice sunny day, no one would be using the overhang. I drove over to my new parking spot. Exited the jeep, stood behind it, shirt undone. Leaned against the back doors. Ten minutes "Coming out now"
The automatic doors swung open. Wife excited, smooth walk, full cart. Doors close behind her, about 5M behind her, two hanging pants young men. Nothing in their hands. Side by side. Left hand one watching her, the right-hand one scanning. I am watching hands! Me very hyper. My wife was not! Just like she was out for a walk in the park.

Scanner saw me, grabbed his buddy arm, they took off across the parking lot to the street. Hanging on to their baggy pants. Distance from me to them at time of contact, 7M max. At this instance, my wife was well clear, the backstop, a concrete wall, in a v shape. The 147g hollow points would not have gone through and through? I don't think. They had no car, my wife was driving it!
My speaking to the Manager? I did. Waste of time. A year later store was robbed.

Change of shopping routine? Oh yes, I push the cart now! Same pistol. These two young chaps were well behind my wife.

Working odd shifts for my Son over the years, nothing like this ever happened!

#6 ·
Good story...thanks brother. I perform overwatch for my wife - especially when she has to make a trip to WalMart. We don't do that much nowadays.

I always carry a pistol - nowadays a Glock 31 (.357 Sig) but what is more important I carry a long gun most of the time. I rotate between an AR pistol, a Sub-2000 (40 S&W), and on rare occasions I carry a Glock 20 (10mm) in an MCK. The MCK makes the 20 a LOT more accurate by lending rifle ergonomics and aiming devices. I use red dots on almost all of my long(er) guns.

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Gun barrel

I pray daily that I never have to use any of this. Thankful you didn't have to.

Reactions: scott.amy00
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.