Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm more of a leather person than a kydex one so is there a favorite leather IWB holster with a clip for a Sig P365?
Not totally opposed to kydex if that makes more sense for any reason, but I'm thinking maybe leather.
Open to any thoughts, really, on how to "best" carry a small one IWB.
Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a desantis softuk with j hook on it for the 365. Like it alot, fairly comfortable and good concealment. Only thing I don't like about it is it sweats, what I mean is I sweat through it. I don't wear it if I will be active anymore, too hard on the sig. When active i use a foxx hybrid for this arm, although I'm not sold on it yet. It was just a cheap alternative to see if I liked this type of holster for the 365.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
I like Barsony leather IWB holsters, firm, comfortable, well made and reasonably priced.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
For me the important aspects of an IWB holster are comfort and thickness as I am pretty slim and printing can be a problem unless I wear oversized shirts. I recently purchased a GypstEDC kydex holster for my PPS M2. I carry it with the 7 round magazine. I have never reviewed a holster until now. I wrote:
The Bones Holster is an exceptionally well designed, well built, and functional holster. The wrap around Kydex construction increases strength and eliminates the extra width of layered holsters to accommodate rivets. The combat cut above the trigger guard allows an excellent grip on the gun while drawing and presenting. The speed cut provides forward projection of the pistol before the slide fully clears the holster. The reduced width makes it very comfortable to wear IWB. The belt clasp fastens well but is half the width of most belt clasps and holds securely. All in all it is the best IWB Holster I have ever owned.
I have a few photos in a gallery if you want to take a look. It is at: https://postimg.cc/gallery/2vllz4rym/

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Kuziak makes a good one for the P365. This is their Signature IWB.

I bought a Kusiak for my P365 too, for those times when I need quick on and quick off for carry. But the BEST clip-on holster I ever had, and I have another one on order now that should be here in about 10 days, is the TT Gunleather KX Lightweight (ttgunleather.com). I bought one for my G43, G43X about two years or so ago and absolutely love it. I know it will be perfect for the P365 too. Use coupon code HALLOWEEN through October for $15 off! It is beautiful, functional, and secure. Also it is easy to clip on and clip off (for a dual clip holster that is). Tim Thurner makes great holsters. I can hardly wait to get it. Here's the one I got for my Glock:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So, is the leather more comfortable (less irritating) than kydex ??

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
So, is the leather more comfortable (less irritating) than kydex ??
Absolutely so. The KX Lightweight is an offset-molded holster. That means that most of the molding and detailing is on the front of the holster; the back is relatively flat and smooth and is very comfortable against the body. The leather itself is exceptional in quality and it just feels good against your skin. Couple that with the dual belt clips, which helps spread the weight, and the low weight of the P365 itself and you will have a very comfy and comforting holster holding your pistol. Now, I believe the KX Lightweight is ideal for a small-sized gun, like a G43, a Shield, P365, and similar, up to something like a G26. For a larger gun, a Glock 19 and such, I like the TT Gunleather Mikes Special IWB with dual belt loops. It is better suited for carrying a larger, heavier pistol IMO.

Now, having said all that, I do think Kydex has a place. I use a Kydex holster to store my pistols in and to protect the finish and protect the trigger too, if the gun is loaded. ( All Guns are always loaded). I have a Vedder light tuck for my P365. Tulstet is another fine Kydex holster. I also like and have several from PJ Holsters, the reinforced clip model. There are many Kydex holsters to choose from. Just stick with the known makers and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just for your info there is a IWB holster I think is great. No clip, sticks to your undergarments and your pants so less pull down. Look at Sticky Holsters.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Just for your info there is a IWB holster I think is great. No clip, sticks to your undergarments and your pants so less pull down. Look at Sticky Holsters.
I have one of these too; but the only gun I carry in it is a SW 340PD. It’s nice, (the holster) but just not secure enough compared to clips, loops, or belt slots for anything much heavier. But talk about convenience...man is it ever! (Still talking about the holster; the 340PD isn’t “nice” it’s a beast!)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My KX Lightweight IWB holster for my Sig P365 from TT Gunleather came today! Here it is with a Desantis Model A48 mag pouch. I am a happy guy with this setup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
High Noon. The best. Comes with a metal clip that is extremely hard to take off except when you want to take it off. None better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts