Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually carry in my Supertuck, but also want something easy to slip on and off for winter carry, under a jacket, that is more comfortable. I do have a Fobus paddle, but it sticks out way to far. What is a good (inexpensive) paddle holster that is pretty tight fitting to the body. How about the Serpa, is it close fitting..I can't really tell from the pics I have seen.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Close fitting and tight to the body...and cheap?
Well, in my book, you get what you pay for...:yup::blink::gah:

This paddle holster is delux and it IS tight against the body...a great paddle holster.
FIST, INC.

The pic on the right is what I now wear with my Glock-36 in it.:king:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
While not cheap the kramer MSP paddle is said to the best and rides close to the body. I've been carrying a gun for 10 years and I'll say from experience that if you go cheap on a holster you'll regret it and end up spending more down the road. Get a good i.e. expensive paddle rig like the Kramer or the Fist you won't be sorry.

·
Super Moderator
19,884 Posts
An affordable paddle holster with decent concealment and adjustable cant is the DeSantis Viper. I'm not crazy about the retention strap (thumb break), but at least it's in the right place to actually be popped by your thumb as you attain a firing drip when you unholster. It's also a medium-high ride; the trigger is right at about belt level which is perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You asked about the Serpa, well here's my answer. For me it doesn't. I've got a cqc model, and it angles the gun away from my waist. Now the nice thing is that I've got the option of changing it from paddleback to belt by unscrewing the paddle and putting the belt attachment on. I haven't tried it that way yet but I sincerely doubt it would help much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts