Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my Babie Girl. Actually, my Babie Girl is 12 yr old. I've been working w/ her since she was 6. I used to take her to the borrow pit my cousin's family had 'way out yonder'. Took a bag of cheap balloons, blew them up, and anchored them with string buried in the dirt. Used a Ruger 22/45, loaded one single ratshot round, and she got a hit everytime. The positive reinforcement built her confidence as I moved her to real .22rounds, and about this time two years ago to 9mm.

She's been shooting a box stock g17, and is spooky good with it. At the indoor range today, she placed 50rnds (1, 2, 3 shot strings at a time) into the x-ring, with a grand total of 2 in the 9ring at a little over 25, almost 30 feet. What's so great about this is she is also cross eye dominant, and is not developing the habit closing one eye.
She also shot my Kimber 5" pistol for the first time. Loved the trigger. Recoil no problem. Got a little tired holding up there after while. She has vowed to get stronger. The blast and muzzle flip were manageable, but she says she likes the 9mm better. I told her we MAY consider a 1911 platform in 9mm at some point. She is now perusing the STI sight in an effort to choose 'her next' pistol.
Soon as the battery for my wife's camera is charged, I'll post some pics of her and her targets, and pistols.
PA120021.jpg (476.2 KB)
PA120022.jpg (464.1 KB)
PA120023.jpg (488.2 KB)
PA120024.jpg (459.3 KB)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Dang that's some good shooting for sure.. Sounds like she's off to a fine start and from the looks of it, she's got the center of mass targeting down pat!:yup:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Any day at the range is a great day! Any day at the range with your Glock is even better! Keep up the good work both of you! Glock on!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Babie girl is going to be a strong independant woman who will make you prouder as the years go by.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
:congrats: to her

:congrats: to you

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice shoot'n Ms TEX :smile::yup:

Now! in your (or your daughters) expert opinion, which brand refrigerator makes the best back stop :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
OUTFRIGGINSTANDING!!!! Your a good father and teaching her well don't think you will have to put a shotgun on the boy she brings home I think she's got it under control.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Any day at the range is a great day! Any day at the range with your 1911 is even better! Keep up the good work both of you! Glock on!
Sorry had to correct your mistake :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Great shooting! :35:

Now, you had better post some of your targets around the house so those boys know that her daddy can shoot! She's a cutie pie! :bier:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Congrats to the young lady:congrats:
My own 12 year old daughter loves to shoot anything she can.
She started a few months ago, at the local indoor range with Dad's AR-15 and some supervision by us and the RSO. They have since let her move up to firing a few of the handguns, mainly the Ruger MK III .22, a few mags with the Glock 19, and they even brought out a .45 carbine for her to try.
She's thrilled to shoot anything she can get her hands on, and a darn good shot as well.
As much as I hate to admit, she even outshot Mom on one occasion, a feat Dad has yet to do.:blink:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Now, you had better post some of your targets"-Thumper

Well, I would, but.........I, er, well, uh I don't wanna show her up, y'know....
Yah, that's it- I dont wanna show her up.

That, and to get a group that tight will have powder burns all over it.

dan

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rugergirl-

nicely done. Like Hannah, your's will treasure the time together as much or more than the actual shooting.

dan

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You need to show these photos to any boy that wants to date her in a few years!!

NCH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts