Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Biting off the Sig P220 thread, name a gun you bought, sold and repurchased. Mine is the CZ P07 which I now have. I originally bought this gun in 2016. I loved it from day one. I have no idea why I wanted to sell it after owning it for a short time, but I instantly regretted it. Fast forward to 2020 year of the covid. I was out looking at firearms and ran across a NIB P07 for $500. I repurchased this firearm and will never part with it again.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Although I haven’t re purchased one, I sold an M1 carbine back in the mid 90s. I originally purchased it while stationed at Pearl Harbor 79/80. Regretted selling, but haven’t yet replaced it. Mainly because of the cost. 😄🤔

·
Premium Member
9,462 Posts
I have only sold one gun in my life.
A Kimber 1911 that I bought off a son's friend that was a dog from day one.
Do not regret the sale and no plans to repurchase.
From most folks I know, selling a gun is almost always regrettable at some level.
I have not had to sell off for financial reasons yet so I keep them all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
HK VP9 sold a couple years ago for $600, purchased another a month ago for $660. I rarely regret selling one. This is the only one I've ever repurchased.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Traded a blued Walther PPK/S .22 with four or five magazines for a P22. A year or so later I missed the little PPK/S so bought another in stainless. Wished I'd kept the magazines because they are crazy expensive and nearly impossible to find.

Praise the Lord, though, I stumbled across two new PPK/S mags in dusty packaging at the last table at an otherwise very lame gun show for $20 each. Best gun show find ever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Several times. Due to unfortunate financial reasons I had to liquidate a major portion of my collection years ago. Included among the sold and later repurchased are; Walther PP, Walther TPH, HK P7 PSP, Sphinx AT-380 and Beretta 84. Some of these were quite hard to find and the original buys were in really great condition. It's tough to lose a really nice collectable. Life happens. Glad I could at least replace some.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
SW681, l frame heavy barrel 38, 4”. I put on some Bill Jordan grips and it was about perfect. Since it wasn’t a 357, I stupidly sold it. Will have another one one of these days.

I have sold off most of my arms. I have had a lot of different pistols and long arms, just never many at one time. Couldn’t afford to keep and then buy others. Working man with family.

I did just settle on the G26 as my “one to keep” and just got two more for serious work and training. Longer and bigger Glocks will be liquidated I’m sure. So that would be another pistol I sold off and regretted and got back. Although it’s just a Glock. Can’t really said I regretted it. I knew they would be there when I wanted it reconnect with them. Should say, I found the error in my way of looking at the way I shoot and what I would carry. Live and learn.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bersa 380. Back in the 90's I owned 2 model 383's. I did a lot of buying and selling back then. I just purchased a Thunder 380. Not much difference, but glad to have it back.

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
Colt Series 70 Combat Commander. I bought a full size MkIV Series 70 not long after, but I wish I had kept both or stuck with the Commander.

·
Registered
11,284 Posts
Sold, regretted, repurchased...Ruger SP101 (first was DA/SA, current is DAO); Ruger LCR .38, replaced with S&W 638

Sold, somewhat regretted, repurchased, seriously regretted, sold and swore off...Kahr PM9 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
More than I can name as for week over 29 years I would buy , sell , and mostly trade , there are many I wish I still had . But within the past year I was fortunate to get this one back . It's not the most expensive by any means and not the prettiest but it just works . ATI FX commander I had sold to my cousin briefly and purchased back last year . Not letting it go again .

Sent from the dark side of the moon

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
21,187 Posts
I have bought and sold hundreds of guns since my first in 1962. I have had the same model several times.

I spent twenty-two years in the military moving to different duty stations. I have moved coast to coast for jobs since retiring from the military. I have sold entire collections, keeping only two or three carry guns during the moves.

My first owned handgun as a teenager was a 10 1/2" Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum that I bought from my brother-in-law for $80 in 1966. I sold it a couple of years later for $100 and thought I made a killing. I have bought and sold two more of the same model since then.

I bought an M1 Carbine .30 caliber and cases of surplus ammo. I bought a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine to go with the M1. I shot them a lot and then they ended up in the back of the safe for awhile until I sold them. I have bought and sold a pair of the same models two times since then.

I had a Ruger M77 rifle in .338 Win Mag and sold it during a move. I recently bought another one. I don't have a need, I just wanted it.

I have bought and sold several AR-15s and Glock handguns over the years. I bought them when prices were low and then sold them during panic buying periods. The only one that I haven't bought and sold is my Colt LE6920.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Ruger SR9c. Was my first 9mm, shot it a lot, sold it and after trying other compact 9s came back to the SR9c because it has the best stock trigger of all the guns I tried. First was blued, current one is stainless.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ruger SR9c. Was my first 9mm, shot it a lot, sold it and after trying other compact 9s came back to the SR9c because it has the best stock trigger of all the guns I tried. First was blued, current one is stainless.

I owned an SR9c that I liked quite a bit as well. I ended up selling it for no reason also. I bought a CZ 75B that was basically a CZ P01 except it was all steel with a decocker. I loved this gun as well, but the extremely curved trigger was a deal breaker. The trigger slap from that steel trigger would make my finger go numb after a few magazines. It was painful for me to shoot. If it had the Omega trigger like on my P07 I would have kept it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Too many! In the 70's several HiPowers, one with Nazi markings, S&W NIB 6" M-19. the 80's an UZI semi, 2 browning Citori's, a Nikko golden eagle. Kinda learned my lesson and dont sell or trade any more, just buy

·
Super Moderator
19,001 Posts
Too many! In the 70's several HiPowers, one with Nazi markings, S&W NIB 6" M-19. the 80's an UZI semi, 2 browning Citori's, a Nikko golden eagle. Kinda learned my lesson and dont sell or trade any more, just buy
This is where I am. I yet mourn some dandies that got away. So, now everything goes into the black hole, never to come out again.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
The first one that I sold and regretted was Ruger Stainless Security Six w/ 6" bbl that I went through the Police Academy with. I eventually replaced it years later with a Stainless Police Service Six w/ 2.75" bbl. The other one was a early model blued Ruger Mini-14 which was also later replaced with a later model stainless Ruger Mini-14. There seems to be a trend with me and stainless Rugers, hmmm... 🤔

1 - 20 of 47 Posts