Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend asked me to rebarrel a revolver for him. I informed him that, for what it would cost, he might as well sell the revolver and put that towards getting what he wanted.

I am now the new owner of a Smith and Wesson 500 magnum. Don't ask me why. I don't bother myself with such questions. :wave:

20170128_211149.jpg

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Very nice, next time I'm down at Corpus I'll listen for the sound of ya having fun.
Talk about a hand cannon!
IMG_0068.JPG
.44 magnum (left) vs .500 S&W

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That is a nice gun...

I love big bore revolvers and have been close to buying one of these ever since they were introduced...but, alas, I realize that it would just be a conversation piece as I have absolutely no use for it...SO, I doubt that I will ever own one.

Now, go enjoy your gun and maybe think of me a little while doing it.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Nice! How's it shoot?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sweet!!!! Congrats Rob! I would love to shoot one sometimes. A coworker has been talking about buying guide one for years but just hasn't done it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
How many rounds does it take to shoot out a barrel on that? Maybe he just want a longer barrel or something?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My father and I cleaned out a Model 14 for a family member who was told by a few gunsmiths it needs to get hung on the wall forever. We did it cause it's family history and cause it was a neat piece. No reward expected. Got it all shined up where it needed to be and it shot pie plates at 100yds, which was more than our family member had expected.

Two weeks later, there was a 1984 Yamaha XJ1100 in the garage. The bike my father wanted the year he got married but couldn't afford. Gunsmithing jobs have been good to us as well.

Congrats on the piece! I would be more than happy to take an S&W 500, don't think I'd ever buy one.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet!!!! Congrats Rob! I would love to shoot one sometimes. A coworker has been talking about buying guide one for years but just hasn't done it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks, Houston. You're welcome to come down anytime you want. I can work on your schedule with your busy life. I have a Cadillac range I shoot at. We'll grab a ton of my toys and go murder some paper. Maybe even some clay birds if you like skeet or trap.

·
Vendor
1,733 Posts
That is a nice gun now if you can get that slow holster maker to get caught up and yours along with everybody else orders out it could use some nice leather lol
Btw my wife was released from the hospital today and my thumb is healing very well.

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a nice gun now if you can get that slow holster maker to get caught up and yours along with everybody else orders out it could use some nice leather lol
Btw my wife was released from the hospital today and my thumb is healing very well.
Glad to hear the wife is out, James. You two were in Nadine and my prayers.

I'll be ordering gun leather for this one. You might as well order the mold gun. :biggrin:

·
Vendor
1,733 Posts
Well I just noticed one of my mold gun suppliers that I get a lot of the revolver molds from seems to have let there web domain expire, hope they didn't go out of business.
Thank you both very much.

duncansoutdoor.com
Expired Website

·
Super Moderator
19,869 Posts
Have a friend photograph you shooting this beast at night - should be some interesting pyrotechnics!

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many rounds does it take to shoot out a barrel on that? Maybe he just want a longer barrel or something?
That's exactly it. He wants a longer barrel. This one has barely been shot at all. I'll be shocked if more than 20 rounds have been down the barrel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts