Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a parent to do? It was early in March, COVID-19 fears were on the rise, and two Kentucky parents who were new to the state needed to open up a bank account. Seeing no other option, they took their seven kids to the bank with them.

By the time they had returned home from their errand, a child protective services caseworker and a law enforcement officer were waiting at the door to investigate them for child abuse.

https://reason.com/2020/04/28/child-services-kentucky-social-distancing-covid-19-family-parents/

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I would be livid.
This is what is happening. The politicians are using fear to pit citizen after citizen.
As if race, creed and political association was not enough.
You are evil and beneath contempt if you do not follow their useless laws.
Anyone who cannot see the correlation between the US now and Nazi Germany in the '30s or the Soviets under Stalin are either blind or see no problem in it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I hope the family prevails with no issues. Understanding the process of opening a bank account, I know why they both were there. They both have to fill out the paperwork to open a new account. Otherwise there are more hoops and paperwork to fill out later to add one person to the family account.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I would be livid.
This is what is happening. The politicians are using fear to pit citizen after citizen.
As if race, creed and political association was not enough.
You are evil and beneath contempt if you do not follow their useless laws.
Anyone who cannot see the correlation between the US now and Nazi Germany in the '30s or the Soviets under Stalin are either blind or see no problem in it.

Like the old saying goes: There are none so blind as those who will not see.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Fake news...

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Meanwhile the wretched snitches are apprehensive and sniveling in a most piteous way.

Tee ... hee ... hee ...

More than 900 who 'snitched' on lockdown rule-breakers fear retaliation

https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/900-snitched-lockdown-rule-breakers-fear-retaliation/?utm_source=whatfinger

"Most official communications with government agencies in the United States have the potential to become public in one form or another.

As some 900 people from Missouri are finding out, after they complained about people flouting social distancing rules, only to find out their names and addresses were released under a Sunshine law that allows the public access to government communications."

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Meanwhile the wretched snitches are apprehensive and sniveling in a most piteous way.

Tee ... hee ... hee ...

More than 900 who 'snitched' on lockdown rule-breakers fear retaliation

https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/900-snitched-lockdown-rule-breakers-fear-retaliation/?utm_source=whatfinger

"Most official communications with government agencies in the United States have the potential to become public in one form or another.

As some 900 people from Missouri are finding out, after they complained about people flouting social distancing rules, only to find out their names and addresses were released under a Sunshine law that allows the public access to government communications."
Snitches get stitches.
Just like the Nazi collaborators in France got after Germany pulled out.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
What evidence do you have that says it is fake?
I work for CPS ( P&P, CHFS).

I cant comment on an ongoing case, but there is more to it than what has been reported.

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
"More than meets the eye" can completely change things.

I don't envy anyone who works with CPS. I've heard enough horror stories just looking in from the outside.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are many who applaud these draconian restrictions to our Constitutionally-protected rights, because they believe these restrictions keep them safe. They believe the government knows better than everyone else, and that anyone who does not abide by these restrictions is a mortal danger and must be destroyed.

These people do not believe in personal responsibility. They will argue against this assertion by saying they are taking responsibility by adhering to these unconstitutional restrictions, but what they are really doing is allowing the government to dictate to them the means to safety rather than make the effort to seek accurate information, think for themselves, and voluntarily take whatever steps they deem necessary to protect themselves and their families.

And, quite frankly, when these people claim to care about the safety of others, they are lying. They follow the herd under the government's lead out of fear for themselves. They want everyone else to comply because they are scared for their own lives, not the lives of others outside of their hermetic family unit. Their attempts at public acts of valor and public shaming of those who don't fall in line are nothing more than virtue signaling, designed to project an outward appearance of caring and giving, as praise and adoration from others is necessary to feed their narcissism. This attitude is echoed by the most narcissistic and virtue signaling group of all, the mainstream media, and weak people everywhere are overwhelmed by the narrative and fall in line out of fear of ostracism.

Yes, for such people, these draconian restrictions on our freedoms are very much admired and welcomed. Some either hold office or campaign as Democrats, the rest will vote accordingly, and we are cursed to endure much more of this for years to come.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
"More than meets the eye" can completely change things.

I don't envy anyone who works with CPS. I've heard enough horror stories just looking in from the outside.
It can be a very sad and trying thing. Every year we have children die from neglect, and abuses of all kinds. It’s very hard to tell who is who. Not so much different than LE investigations except more specialized.

Its a hard balance, protecting the child, while preserving the integrity of the family.

This is why you will never see me post news stories....because you never know which side you are reporting on.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Exactly.

And they so richly deserve all the backlash heaped upon them.
Thing is, we own our children, not the government. It is we who tells them what to do and not do. We who feeds them. We who cloths them. We who protects them. We who sees to their health needs. And we who decide where they can go, what they can do, and with whom they can associate. NOT THE GOVERNMENT. In a word, it's none of their damned business.

I cannot imagine how livid I would be or what I might do if some CPS hack appeared at my door, telling me that I had to do this or that I had to listen to them spout off God knows what, and abide by what they say. I don't think they would like my response.

The parents should demand to know who made the accusation. And they shouldn't take, "We can't tell you that" for an answer. The Sixth Amendment to the Constitution trumps any such law that might protect such a piece of trash. You have an unalienable right to know your accuser(s).

And they should not have allowed these people on their property, much less into their home. Where's the search warrant? The court order?

I well remember when I was 11 or 12 years old (1957 or 58), riding my bike with some friends from the city of Falls Church, Virginia to Washington, DC, a distance of around 6 1/2 miles. We traveled along route 29 (Lee Highway) to Key Bridge and then took the Whitehurst Freeway and made our way to Constitution Avenue and the Mall. I did this two days in a row. We went through several museums and climbed the Washington Monument. All of this with no parents present; just us kids. If I were a kid today and did this, I would probably get stopped by the police and taken back home where my parents would be charged with child abuse. Obviously I grew up in much better times with much more common sense.

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
Won’t be long before the shooting starts.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I work for CPS ( P&P, CHFS).

I cant comment on an ongoing case, but there is more to it than what has been reported.
OK, so how did the caller see bruises on the kids arms, even describing them as from being grabbed, when the kids had jackets on?

Likely, the teller was upset that the mother had not bowed down to her "authority" and either made it up or hoped that there would be marks because she saw the mother holding the arm of her child.

This will come out and the truth will be known.

The government can only hide behind the excuse that this is an ongoing investigation for so long.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is the problem with Anonymous Tip Lines! They are the breeding ground for tyranny! If you are going to make a charge, have the cojones to stand up and be counted. We are supposed to be able to confront our accusers in this country!
One should be allowed to face their accuser in court. That is one of the bedrocks of our system of Justice.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
OK, so how did the caller see bruises on the kids arms, even describing them as from being grabbed, when the kids had jackets on?

Likely, the teller was upset that the mother had not bowed down to her "authority" and was further upset and either made it up or hoped that there would be marks because she saw the mother holding the arm of her child.

This will come out and the truth will be known.

The government can only hide behind the excuse that this is an ongoing investigation for so long.
When scoundrels like this don't get the desired results at first, they start stretching the truth and adding things that did not take place. I know this because it happened to me via a MWAG call. The officer who approached me knew immediately that the caller was way off base and that it was a lie. He apologized profusely for wasting my time and was clearly embarrassed that he even had to approach me. He never asked for my name or an ID or anything else of the sort. My "crime"? I was open carrying in a Wegman's grocery store. A lot of their customers are from up north and are not accustomed to seeing citizens carrying sidearms. I no longer OC, except when in a vehicle, but I well remember that little incident.

Reactions: sdprof and airslot
1 - 20 of 27 Posts