Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a list of all pistols and revolvers issued to U.S. law enforcement agencies. Does anyone have any direction? Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,693 Posts
I've just done some googling and I think the better question is what is NOT on the list.

You can probably strike most of the "junk guns" - Cobra's, Hi-Point's, etc.

Appears most of the recent Com-Bloc guns, Like CZ's, are not on the list.

but after that, nearly every Quality gun has likely at least been "Approved" - which is quite different than "Issued"

Glocks will be the overwhelming majority right now, but that paradigm is shifting fast. The 69## series Smith's of course ruled the roost before the Glock's.

...but you have the TLE Kimbers is some LA depts. you had that Northeastern State Patrol agency issuing SIG's, I'd be completely shocked if some HK's haven't been issued, I bet you could find at least one agency who issued Ruger P-series guns during the Smith 69## era. I can't cite specifically who, but I'm certain that some Berretta M9 equivalents or variants have been issued.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,549 Posts
My brother was a member of the local PD and every Chief they had demanded they buy a different weapon. I got one of his old duty Glocks. One chief liked S&W Wheel guns and the next one insisted on Glocks. There are tens of thousands of different jurisdictions in the US and many are free to determine what sidearm they will carry.

I'm more interested in calibers and why they carry them. Most seem to choose either the 9mm or 40 S&W.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,058 Posts
Can't/won't vouch for the accuracy, but check this out:

This unaffiliated site is dedicated to the research of the past and present service weapons of military forces and law enforcement agencies worldwide. Copyright Grey Tiger 2007-2016 – Contact WorldInventory_at_gmail.com
https://sites.google.com/site/worldinventory/

Chuck

It lists the law enforcement agencies by state.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
131 Posts
There are thousands of law enforcement agencies in the country.

I'd go with as safe to write that none of them issue revolvers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,547 Posts
There are thousands of agencies in the US. A lot of them don't even issue firearms but require officers to purchase one off of an approved list or simply have any firearm approved by their armorer. But as Bob says, Glock, Sig, and Smith & Wesson would probably cover 85% of what's actually sitting in duty holsters. You'd probably pick up another few if you add Beretta in that mix, and there are a few with Rugers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
I'd bet most are Glocks.
Per Glock own admission, 65% of American LEOs carry a Glock! So what does the other 35% carry? Some carry a 1911 and I know one who carries a FNH 5.7? Go figure!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cippee
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top