Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from South Dakota, in my 20's, have 2 daughters, and am a single mom.

When I was 12, I went through NRA and completed that training. I went pheasant hunting for one season, and it was okay, but I'm kind of impatient :)

I am on this forum for a few reasons...I have some gun accessories to get information on to sell. And also because I've been contemplating getting a pistol for safety/self-defense from someone who I have a restraining order against, but he's violated it enough times that he ended up in prison for so many violations, and is now free. I don't trust a piece of paper...he obviously doesn't care about going to prison, only trying to get to me.

I grew up and still have tons of family/friends who are avid firearm buffs, for hunting, collecting, and I have a few family members who are in law enforcement. So I have a lot of knowledge on how to use, just not knowledge on the types, sizes, prices, etc.

Open to questions and comments!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.......the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Welcome Aboard! By all means, stay safe, seek all the knowledge you can so you can make an educated decision as to what's right for you concerning firearms. Lookup and study your states laws as well...... pretty important.

.....and by all means, enjoy being here at DCC. This is a good, knowledgeable group here.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! You're right - a gun carried constantly & by your bedside at night is a lot more protection than a piece of paper.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

I've never been to SD, but I know that ya'll don't border Canada, apparently our "indispensable" Senator Landrieu thinks it does. :blink: Along with not knowing her US Geography, and anti-gun stance, we'll be doing everything we can to vote her out in 2014.

Democrat Calls Border Fence "Dumb" While Claiming South Dakota is a Border State - Katie Pavlich

Check out this website, it's designed for ladies and gun related info. It's a very good resource.
Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Virginia. You are wise, paper won't help much. The police can't be there until after. Learn to defend yourself, train, train some more, and when you think your pretty good, train some more.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome from PA. Definitely get your CCW. Stay safe and happy shooting.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Two things you need a shotgun for home defense an a handgun to keep on you at all times. A big dog would help for a warning. alarms an you need to have a plan that your kids need to be involved in. They need to know you have guns an need to be safety trained about them. Keep flashlight in bedroom an cell phone. If you have neighbors you do things with show them his picture if they don't know him. Always try to be aware of your surroundings an think of ways to get out of where ever you are safely this sounds like a lot but after awhile it becomes second nature an you will do it automatically. Good luck an welcome.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome from Memphis.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.