Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Glock 23. Boy, does this make me a hypocrite or what? I always said I would never own one of those ugly things but after shooting a friends I had to have one.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Originally posted by mtrapper
I just bought a Glock 23. Boy, does this make me a hypocrite or what? I always said I would never own one of those ugly things but after shooting a friends I had to have one.
I felt exactly the same as you until I impulsively bought a Glock 30 from a guy at work. I liked it really well, but could not get the accuracy out of it that I could with my other guns (Kimbers) so I traded it for a Springfield XD40, which is very accurate and as reliable as the Glock. The only problem with it is that it\'s not .45acp :p

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Welcome to the club. I\'ve had a G23 since 95, and it’s been my main carry weapon since I got my CHL. The finish now has a nice worn look to it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by JT
Welcome to the club. I've had a G23 since 95, and it’s been my main carry weapon since I got my CHL. The finish now has a nice worn look to it.
Since 96..and yes.its like a nice worn pair of jeans! Just too comfortable.

And the XD hasnt proven itself "as" reliable as the Glock just yet...:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first choice is the XD. I've fired a Glock and XD side by side and was in love with the XD. So, hopefully, in a few short months an XD40 in OD Green will swing my way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats You to have been hit by the bug. I would not trust my life with any other weapon while I own a few of these a 1st gen G17 that I have has hade aprox. 125,000 rounds through it and I would carry and trust it if I had to with no doubts in my mind. I personally carry a G23 and/or G30 with me at all times and I'm confident if the SHF they will work every time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It still isn't here mtrapper. I'll call you when it arrives, but they haven't sent a notice of shipment. I'll call SOG Thursday afternoon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wish to announce that mtrapper and his Glock 23 were united today...He also picked up an M44 that was crying his name.:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it\'s finally here. I am the proud owner of a Glock 23.:rock: Now if the weather will cooperate I will take this bad boy to the range.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Way to go. I have a G23 also. Next you'll want a G27 like I did. Nice ankle gun.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
pics please...

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I had a Glock M23 years ago and sold it as it tended to induce a lot of flinch after only a few mags shot. There seemed to be a lot of barrel "whip" so I sold it. I picked up a Glock M27 .40 and it has been one of my primary carry AND competition guns ever since. The M27 also accepts both the M22 and M23 mags and I have several of each of these hi-caps. You can even get a "spacer" for the M23 mag so it fits the M27 seamlessly. I have not had any "whip" with the M27.

·
Registered
330 Posts
mtrapper said:
Yes, it\'s finally here. I am the proud owner of a Glock 23.:rock: Now if the weather will cooperate I will take this bad boy to the range.
Heh. I picked up another Kimber Series I yesterday (a classic stainless - for $550 OTD :rock: ), and havent got to shoot it yet, one reason being the weather today. The roads are bad, and my Caprice sucks in the snow (of course, new tires out back may help). Yesturday I meant to wake up about 18:00, but slept untill 20:00 (I work graveyard shift), the range closes at 21:00... So I woke up just in time to brush my hair and teeth, get dressed, go to the ATM, then to the range, pay the man, and talk for a few minutes before lock-up.

Man, this is as bad as putting a new engine in the hot rod, and not being able to find my keys.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I never even held one in my hand and I have no desire to. There was a good chance I could have gotten a Glock for free back in 1990 but I didn’t even try. My department allows us to keep the weapons we are issued when we retire. Just before I retired in 1990 my department was switching to Glocks. Maybe if I tried I could have gotten one issued to me, but that probably would have meant I would have had to turn the S&W .38 special revolver I carried with me for 20 years. I never bothered to even look into it. Looking back at my decision now I am surer than ever that I made the right choice.

·
Registered
534 Posts
AZG23 said:
And the XD hasnt proven itself \"as\" reliable as the Glock just yet...:cool:
What do you mean by as reliable, Because it doesn't have as many Kabooms or not as many PD's have sent them back due to malfunctions, it is a newer gun so obviously there aren't as many, but " In my opinion" the only area where Glock is better is the finish, and the XD has, the extra saftey the supported chamber and normal sights not to mention its grip was made for a human hand. Sorry to hijack the thread but come on, congratulate the guy on his purchase and leave the BS in the barn.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Xd's are great i just love how some of the glocker have such a hate for um .. I have both both have there good points and bad points

1 - 20 of 20 Posts