Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out surfing the net the other day and ran across this WASP Injection knife
Looks interesting, kinda like a divers compact bangstick used for sharks..which by the way is one of the primary uses for this thing, though as noted on their website can also be used for large land animal defense e.g. bear attack..and also for police/military applications ie:sentry removal, crackheads :tongue: j/k, etc..
More links on....
WASP Injection Systems, Inc. - WASP Injection Knife
http://www.waspknife.com/military.php
WASP Injection Systems, Inc. - WASP Injection Knife

I wonder if this will go the way of the Spetsnaz ballistic knife as far as future availability ..though this one(wasp) does seems to have a more useful niche overall.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ouch that sounds like a really mean sounding knife. You don't want to mess with air in your blood stream.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ouch, my cousin used to have a knife that shot its blade about 10' or so with a spring compressed in the handle.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Certainly a different idea, but I prefer a regular knife and my Kimber.:bier:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Looks very deadly, a good weapon for the Navy Seals on a clandestine operation.:crossbones:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I think it would certainly hurt, but its difficult to use and would likely have legal issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is an officer saftey memo on this knife hanging on the board at my Dept. It's been there well over a year. I don't recommend getting caught with one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only thing i thought of for myself(as a sport diver) it could be very compact 'out of the way' shark protection strapped onto a calve ..I sometimes see small to medium sharks ..but just incase the 'big one' ever showed up i'd have something at least :) (sharks usually make a couple close inspection passes before attacking), though the price is a little high me at the moment so i probably won't get it.
As for Bear country folks, I suppose it could serve as a last ditch after other measures failed of course..though it would probably be the type of situation where the bear was 'on-top' already..so it would be extremely lucky at best :) ..though it could probably take one off a partner being attacked.

There is an officer saftey memo on this knife hanging on the board at my Dept. It's been there well over a year. I don't recommend getting caught with one.
I think it would certainly hurt, but its difficult to use and would likely have legal issues.
Yes it will probably/(surely) be pumped as the next 'weapon of mass destruction' (kinda like switchblades) ;D ..The UK has already done so from what i've read..even though nothing's legal over there anyway :)

Looks very deadly, a good weapon for the Navy Seals on a clandestine operation.:crossbones:
yep..thats one of the more feasible human applications, silent bad guy removal :)

Certainly a different idea, but I prefer a regular knife and my Kimber.:bier:
I hear that!, though i can't afford a Kimber so my Glock and keltec will have to do :)

Ouch, my cousin used to have a knife that shot its blade about 10' or so with a spring compressed in the handle.
Yep the Ballistic knives showed up in the 80's before the feds fully banned them as weapons of 'mass destruction' :)
..there is a good vid clip of one by clicking
'Spetsnaz ballistic knife' in the first post ..should bring back memories :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
......yep..thats one of the more feasible human applications, silent bad guy removal ........

Actually, it sounded kinda noisy to me. I can't imagine that being much good for clandestine work.

-

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, it sounded kinda noisy to me. I can't imagine that being much good for clandestine work.

-
Maybe its quieter in flesh, who knows :)
it's certainly not as loud as a gun shot ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Getting stabbed will be enough for me.

Why is that guy wearing a wetsuit?

·
Registered
669 Posts
dang...that's interesting

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Not new at all.
This debuted in late 2007 IIRC.

It has real world applicability.
Get caught underwater by an aquatic animal including but not exclusive to various types of shark and cephalopod (octopus) and one would be very happy to have this sort of defensive tool.

YouTube - Woman Attacked by Whale

YouTube - Stock Footage Scuba Diver Attacked By Shark

YouTube - Giant Octopus Attacks Diver

Note: Divers have been known to be drowned to death by curious/attacking aquatic fauna. Seriously.

- Janq

1 - 18 of 18 Posts