Defensive Carry banner

Assuming you could live anywhere in the world, would you still live in America?

• Yes (Please Elaborate below)

Votes: 123 98.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.6%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you cherish about America? What's right in America? What do you love about America?

There is a lot right with America, so let's collectively show it! Please help build a thread that captures the American spirit, the creativity, the enthusiasm, the choices, the pride, and the abundant energy of our collective nature!

As my 500th post, I wanted to capture the essence of something important to all of us. As I wrote, however, I realized that the wisdoms, thoughts and feelings of CC's members would be much more powerful than anything I could individually pen. Your post can be any length; of your personal feelings and thoughts, a favorite speech that captures the essence of your feelings, famous sayings, wits and witicisms, an essay, a favorite photograph, a joke, something that makes you proud to live in America: But - Let's make this a collective effort! Don't skip adding a comment just because the same comment's already been made - make it again in your own voice. Let's hear it!

Rose-Colored Glasses: We all recognize America has numerous challenges and "things we'd like to change". We focus on those a lot here in some forums, cussin' and discussin', arguing (usuing the typical CC decorum - LOL), and challenging each other. Let's keep that to a minimum here if possible. No denial is required, it's just a matter of the focus of this thread. Let's show our pride.

I'll go first to start the ball; What I cherish in America:

The Right to Assembly and Free Speech: That's why we can have Combat Carry. Without a fear of jack-booted thugs kicking down our doors in the middle of the night! (That and the RKBA - teh heh).

All current and past LEO's, Fire Departments and others like them, AND especially the Armed Forces protecting and serving the country, putting their lives at risk, and the well-being of their families - as Volunteers!

Now - let's hear from all of you!

Richard

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
No where else I know of has such a sense of free spirit and personal responsibility to it's citizens. We take for granted sometimes how good we have it. If more people took the time to vote and try to influence our leaders with positive opinion and beliefs , we could be even better.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Too darned right!! I ''gave up'' being a UK citizen and know I am in the best place on this small rock called Earth.

There is truly no place better depite how much we can and do find that is less than ideal - main thing is we have to defend what can so easily be lost and not allow adverse change to go unchallenged.

I will second our 1st amendment and of course approve the 2nd - the biggest thing perhaps we have to defend. I also salute the LE and mil folks to the max and include all our emergency service personel too.

Another thing that is a feature of the good ol' US of A - something in fact that is commented on abroad - a guy can fail at something after good efforts and yet not be a total write-off - he had tried and by heck he'll try again. No stigma need be attached to the hard working and determined person who didn't make it first time.

I can say with some pleasure - I am proud to be an American :smilez:

·
Registered
744 Posts
After 20 years in the USN, been to 38 countries, there is no way I would live anywhere else on the face of this planet. America is so blessed in so many varied ways. As said above, we don't appreciate how good we have it. Another big reason I wouldn't move, the kind of people who make up this forum. I'd watch your backs anytime and know you would watch mine. True Americans.:congrats:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'd watch your backs anytime and know you would watch mine. True Americans.
That's a fact cz - certainly from my POV.

Non active mil on CC itself but in a sense - ''brothers in arms''. :smilez:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I don't know of any other country in the world that would "allow" me the right to own and practice with the arms that reside in my gunsafe. That is reason enough, but there is so much more.

A good friend of mine has 2 teenagers that have been learning in school how "bad" America is...bullies of the world, rich yet stingy, evil and heartless, etc. etc.:mad: All crap, of course, and I'm trying to set them straight, but it's difficult to overcome the propaganda that they are force-fed every day.

I'm trying to get them to see just how unique and special this country really is...how we threw off the rule of English kings and, in a grand experiment, formed the very first government in the history of the world that was ran by "We, the People".

What a unique and valuable document our Constitution is...worth protecting at all costs...I swore an oath once to do so, and will never be released from that oath voluntarily.

Yes, I love this country, and wouldn't live anywhere else. :wave:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
if any one doubts that this is the best country, pick any country you think is better, live there 1 year and you will want to return here.
Our freedoms may be eroding but we still have them, no where else in the world has as much freedom as we do.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home. click, click, click.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Here is a great piece that says a lot about the way I feel about America.

THE UNITED STATES
This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.
America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given
recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from
Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television
commentator. What follows is the full text of his
trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the
Americans as the most generous and possibly the least
appreciated people on all the earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and
Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the
Americans who poured in billions of dollars and
forgave other billions in debts. None of these
countries is today paying even the interest on its
remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956,
it was the Americans who propped it up, and their
reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets
of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the
United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59
American communities were flattened by tornadoes.
Nobody helped.
The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped
billions of dollars! into discouraged countries. Now
newspapers in those countries are writing about the
decadent, warmongering Americans.
I'd like to see just one of those countries that
is gloating over the erosion of the United States
dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country
in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo
Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10?
If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the
International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting
a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese
technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German
technocracy, and you get automobiles.
You talk about American technocracy, and you find
men on the moon -! Not once, but several times -
and safely home again.
You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs
right in the store window for everybody to look at.

Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded.
They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless
they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American
dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India
were breaking down through age, it was the Americans
who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and
the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an
old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced
to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name
me even one time when someone else raced to the
Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside
help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one
Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get
kicked around. They will come out of this thing with
their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled
to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating
over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of
those."

Stand proud, America!

This is one of the best editorials that I have ever
read regarding the United States. It is nice that
one man realizes it. I only wish that the rest of the
world would realize it. We are always blamed for
everything and never even get a thank you for the
things we do.

I would hope that each of you would send this to
as many people as you can and emphasize that they
should send it to as many of their friends until this
letter is sent to every person on the web. I am just a
single American that has read this.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes for all its faults, this country still has the most "liberties", but we must be ever on guard to keep them. Gee, didn't some great patriots/founding fathers say the same.

·
Registered
835 Posts
No place on earth comes close. Not that we don't have any room to improve, mind you... Even with the current erosion of our personal freedoms, there's no place else where I would rather be.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
America: We talk the talk....and...we walk the walk..... If you don't like it, what part of sole remaining SUPERPOWER do you not understand?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Well, I haven't traveled the world, and couldn't tell you first hand what any other country is like. But this one is the only place I would ever call home.

And I'll give my paycheck (however small it may be) to anyone who can find one of those flag burning, USA cursing, idiots you see all over the news that would turn down the chance to drop that smoldering flag and hop on a plane to come over here and live.

Of course, I'd like to see them executed as they step of the plane, but that's for another thread.

No, It's not perfect, But neither am I.

I Think Lee Greenwood sang it best.

God Bless The USA.:hand10:

·
Registered
744 Posts
4my son said:
Well, I haven't traveled the world, and couldn't tell you first hand what any other country is like. But this one is the only place I would ever call home.
God Bless The USA.:hand10:
And that's another great thing about this country. You don't have to travel the world to know America is the best!:smile:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
No place else but the good old US of A. Why, let's see, we have the Second Amendment. Oh yeah, and the First, and the Third, and the Fourth, etc., etc., etc.. And our Constitution. Enough said.

·
Super Moderator
24,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fantastic posts! This is what I was hoping for! I'm just going to add another to keep this going, and show that we can circle back and make additions:

We operate under the rule of law. Laws written by politicians we elected. We can change both. We are a Democracy!

and....

We all have opinions, and are willing to share them (hint...hint...hint...:wink: ) and we like to VOTE (hint...hint...hint...:buttkick: )

Let's hear some more, folks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
After Traveling the world .. I have to Say I would choose no where else to Live & raise my children, Yes to a huge degree this country has temporarily lost its vision & the schools are teaching our children that Americans are monsters & that the world needs to destroy us. It is up to parents to straighten this out & Teach their child that the only reason that a teacher can teach this is because we he has the freedom to do this because of our military might.
we need to work as a community to teach children that we encounter why the USA is so great. Whenever I can , I explain to children the Bill of rights & our Constitution. I also explain that people like My grandfather& My son have fought or are fighting to keep the USA what it is.

We needto stand up not just to other countries but to the next generation and make sure they understand that Freedom is something that is never cheap & it IS WORTH DYING for!!!!!. We may not have much time left .
Pleaseremember what keeps America great & make sure all people you encounter understand what allows them to insult our current government is that which they despise so much.

I will die for the people of this country, I just wish that the people I would die for . would understand that.

Thanks to all.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts