Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I've noticed about the spent casings of .45acp is the odd shape on the primer.

I've never seen anything other than a dimple from my other pistols. Is this a sign that something isn't right?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Looks lot like the striker marks from my Glock....traditional firing pins usually leave a distinct dimple. Is this your only Kahr?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks lot like the striker marks from my Glock....traditional firing pins usually leave a distinct dimple. Is this your only Kahr?
No it's not. It was the only Kahr I was shooting that day. I've been getting some FTE's from my (new to me) P45 and wondered if this could be part of the problem.

So far I'm hearing this dimple pattern is normal in striker fire style guns.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
My PM9 does the same, only the marks are much lighter.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the oblong mark is normal.... somewhere in the Kahr literature it is even noted...don't remember if it's in the manual or in the Q&A on their company website.

The oblong mark is pretty characteristic for striker fired handguns... the striker protrudes through the breachface into the extraction period, unlike a gun using a firing pin.

surv

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
the oblong mark is normal.... somewhere in the Kahr literature it is even noted...don't remember if it's in the manual or in the Q&A on their company website.

The oblong mark is pretty characteristic for striker fired handguns... the striker protrudes through the breachface into the extraction period, unlike a gun using a firing pin.

surv
+1 Several of my striker fired guns leave that kind of mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts