Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all from Iowa. Many here will likely know me from packing.org. I'm also a moderator for IowaCarry.org. I'm a wartime veteran, and a registered lobbyist with the Iowa Legislature for IowaCarry.org.

I'm a S&W SS .357 wheelgun afficianado, but also enjoy trying new things. While I will regularly poke fun at the "plastic bottom-feeder" crowd, truth be told, I'm hoping my next purchase will be something in a 9mm, perhaps sig, kahr, xd, or hk, so please tolerate my jibes as little more than sour grapes.

If there are other Iowans on board here interested in helping change Iowa's current CCW law, please check out IowaCarry.org. For CCW nationally, I'm hoping CC.com and handgunlaw.us pick up where PDO has dropped the ball.

Greetings again from a grateful Iowa veteran.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad To See You!

I see you are migrating from PDO too. Well, this appears to be a better place than what PDO has become. I think if enough of the "good" posters from PDO come here, it will make this even a better site than it is.

BTW, go with a Sig 229 or 226 in 9mm. I can say from my experience they are the finest, most accurate, best quality, 9mm out-of-the-box firearms in the under $1000 price range you can buy. Needless to say this is just my opinion, but Sig quality, accuracy and reliability are second to none. Good luck in whichever firearm you choose. Stay safe!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JSG

I will definitely keep your advice in mind.

BTW, the M65 continues to purr. I just got it back from my gunny, who switched it out to a de-horned hammer. (Kept the original, just in case.)

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Welcome Pramunitus :smilez:

Another SIG man here - EDC is my 226 ST in 9mm, 15+1 124 GD's +P. I also like the 228 and 220.

·
Administrator
144,131 Posts
Welcome To Our Forum

There sure seems to be a bit of a migration away from PDO.

The word is that things have become a little wild, mean, & intolerable over there.

You sure are all welcome here. :usflag:

This is a real friendly forum. We have fantastic super~decent crowd of members here.

Much of the ignorant crappola that is a real "turn off" on the other forums is not tolerated here.

Talk to our members with the same degree of respect that you would want other members to give to you & you'll always be welcome here. :yup:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome:wave:
Happy M-Day

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. A new convert to the Sig ranks. I bought a P239 in 9mm last month and have never owned or even handle a firearm that is better built, more accurate (for me), or that I like better.

Jump right in we are a friendly bunch.

·
Super Moderator
25,602 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'll second the SIG suggestion and through in the 239 as a nice little carry gun.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smilez:

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
welcome, good luck picking a new gun.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.