Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife recently signed up for a firearms class to be taken with some women she knows and some new acquaintances. She went to the first session on Saturday (it's spread over several weekends) and came home saying she needs a new gun. I bought her a Ruger GP100 a few years ago, but it's too heavy. She wasn't able to comfortably work the slide on my Bersa, meaning a semi-auto was out. So today we went to Clark Brothers in Opal, Virginia. (Coincidently, not far from Molon Lave vinyards)

She tried the Ruger SP101, a Taurus .38 Special, and the salesman brought out a Smith & Wesson Airweight .38 Special. She decided on the S&W with a Crimson Trace grip. Took it home and tried it out immediately in the back yard. It needs some adjustment to the laser POI, but not bad.

As a bonus, I inherit the GP100!! Win / Win / Win!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
You better keep her. And keep her happy too. She's armed now.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wife recently signed up for a firearms class to be taken with some women she knows and some new acquaintances. She went to the first session on Saturday (it's spread over several weekends) and came home saying she needs a new gun. I bought her a Ruger GP100 a few years ago, but it's too heavy. She wasn't able to comfortably work the slide on my Bersa, meaning a semi-auto was out. So today we went to Clark Brothers in Opal, Virginia. (Coincidently, not far from Molon Lave vinyards)

She tried the Ruger SP101, a Taurus .38 Special, and the salesman brought out a Smith & Wesson Airweight .38 Special. She decided on the S&W with a Crimson Trace grip. Took it home and tried it out immediately in the back yard. It needs some adjustment to the laser POI, but not bad.

The S&W will need to be fed and exercised regularly....don't forget.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Glad to hear that your wife and her acquaintances have made the decision to protect themselves, or at least, just get the training! That is awesome! Good for you both, and thanks for sharing.

Well Done on her new S&W!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
My everyday carry is the S&W .38 special bodyguard revolver snub w/ laser. I was using my S&W .40 sig but loaded it was too heavy and pulled my britches down if I didn't have a tight belt on.

Still haven't adjusted the laser and quite honestly, use it to make the cat run up the walls, lol. IMO, those guns (.38 snub) are for up close and personal and the laser really wouldn't be needed when you are a few feet from the BG anyway.

Congrats to your wife, great gun!

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Congrats to the wife.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Congratulations are in order, to both your fine spouse and yourself.

Many women these days are going this route because despite what the government keeps telling us, crime is up, especially against women. Good thing she didn't take Biden's "advice" and want a shotgun.

The S&W Airweight is a good revolver, my wife looked at one when she told me she wanted a revolver to compliment her semi-auto .380. She chose the Ruger LCR but wanted it in .357 magnum. It was her birthday present from me and she loves it. She can shoot not only the .357 but .38 spl and +P ammuniton as well. The LCR is a great revolver for anyone who has trouble with Semi Auto.

Not knocking the Airweight at all, I like S&W pistols, but it just felt too light weight for her and the Ruger was in her opinion the better choice.

All in all, anytime a spouse wants this is a win.

Reactions: 84160 and Aceoky

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts

Sounds like you should have bought her several more guns before "finding" the S&W Airweight...You could have inherited at least 3 or 4 guns.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
......but loaded it was too heavy and pulled my britches down if I didn't have a tight belt on....
You need to get yourself some 'Sispenders' Lil Lady!!:blink:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Women love "win-win's"...they win and make the husband think he won, too!:rofl:

Congrats to the wife on the class...smart move!:yup:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
My wife has a S&W 642 CT also, she is very fond of it.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
she is a keeper

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
she is a keeper
She IS a keeper! I've kept her close for nearly 41 years now. She's also decided that she needs to get a CHP. In Virginia she doesn't really need the class to get the permit. She spent five years in the Air Force and only needs to show her DD-214. But she still chose to take the class; makes me proud every day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts