Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
21,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had an increase in language infractions over the last few days.

Remember:

Forum Rules
4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
LOL!! It's all funny until someone has to get a new name to sign on!! :) :rofl:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
It wasn't me this time,I haven't had an infraction in about a month or a week sumpin like that

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
That's the reason I like coming here. Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was one of, if not "the" culprit. I didn't read the forum rules closely enough, my bad.

When I think about the rule, it makes perfect sense though. We all need to put our best foot forward as gun owners, and swearing doesn't help anybody's cause, it only hurts it.

Thanks JD, for catching my mistake and letting me know in a nice way.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Crap. Profanity is one of the languages I speak fluently.

Just kidding, I agree, we need reminders about the language thing, thanks JD.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I was one of, if not "the" culprit. I didn't read the forum rules closely enough, my bad.
You may have been one of them (I don't know for sure) but there has been an increase lately, in general, of language violations. We are currently getting 3-4 per day on some days, up from maybe one per day. This is an effort to reduce the number of violations, and infractions, and keep the forum clean. We appreciate everyone's cooperation.....:smile:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
You may have been one of them (I don't know for sure) but there has been an increase lately, in general, of language violations. We are currently getting 3-4 per day on some days, up from maybe one per day. This is an effort to reduce the number of violations, and infractions, and keep the forum clean. We appreciate everyone's cooperation.....:smile:
+1 That's what makes it nice to visit.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I left a motorcycle forum (thought it was family friendly) a while back because of them allowing the "F" bomb and other that I don't use or approve of - especially in public arena.

Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I totally agree with the clean language standards. While I personally feel that an appropriately placed F-bomb does wonders in some arenas, I dont think this forum is one of them.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
While I can be a rather foul mouthed person at times (it can be an artform in its own right, if you don't believe that, you never went through Parris Island), but I keep my language here to what I consider "visiting grandma's house appropriate", after all, you never know who is reading your stuff online.

Thanks for the reminder and the moderation.

·
Registered
217 Posts
it can be an artform in its own right, if you don't believe that, you never went through Parris Island
About a year ago I was playing Halo 3 with my nephew on XBox live and we got matched up with this kid that cursed like a sailor but clearly didn't sound like he was shaving yet. What was funny about it was that he didn't swear like most kids, he swore like a guy who knew his way around R rated verbage. He swore better than I could ever hope to.

I commented on his language and asked his age and his reply was priceless: "11, but who's counting."

This is why I avoid playing on Live with kids other than my nephews. I have enough nightmares without dealing with kids beaten up enough by life to swear that well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
While I can be a rather foul mouthed person at times (it can be an artform in its own right, if you don't believe that, you never went through Parris Island)...
+1. I've got an old college chum who's from one of the dodgey parts of Manchester, U.K. Believe me when I tell you, those blokes raise swearing to a completely different level!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts