Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know Taurus has a bad rep with a lot of people but there wheel guns seem to do a little better then the autos ..

Just saw KY gun shop had a model 85 with a 4inc barrel + gun safe for 280 ..

I am just happy they seem to be going away from locks like s&w now ..For all the crap they get they support the 327 mag and 44 sepcial market for a long time and do make some neat guns ..plus I mean for 280 and it works plus a basic gun safe would be handy for a car or such gun

I have used a few of there wheel guns for being cheep beaters and got to like them for that

https://kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=834

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
They don't presently make 44 Special....do they make a .327?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
They don't presently make 44 Special....

Do they currently make a .327?

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Taurus doesn't need locks on their revolvers. Just shoot 'em and the cylinder will bind up enough to be considered locked. :danceban:

Reactions: Stevew

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
The Taurus M327 is an awesome little magnum revolver but it is currently out of production. Its J frame size but capacity is 6. They are actually pretty scarce right now - people who have one dont want to give them up. I believe they were under $300 NIB when in production, I paid $400 for mine about a year and a half ago? I've seen them around $500 now.

I usually stoke mine with .32 H&R magnums - hot little rounds in their own right but easier to control follow up shots. Its a great caliber - I've shot .327, .32 mag, .32 long, .32 short, and even .32 acp thru mine. I'd love to see it catch on. A buddy of mine said Henry is making a .327 carbine for 2017 but I cannot confirm - would be great to see more manufacturers making guns for this round IMO though.

As far as the 85 goes - its a solid revolver. J frame size, reliable - good to go. Some folks love the all steel frame - but for me its a tad heavy for an EDC .38 snubby. I dont mind the weight of the 327 since its a magnum revolver (same frame as the 85), but for .38(+P) I prefer my airweight S&W's. Of course the 85 is $100 less - so theres that.

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have used older 85 and such ..Basic crude guns but they work most of time and frankly I like the stuff as you dont mind beating it to heck and back or seeing it go into the drink of something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts