Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the LGS today purchasing something that I didn't realize that I needed.

While the clerk was going over my paperwork, they are almost annoyingly thorough, a lady was picking up her S&W AR and she was very thrilled and speaking to everyone about it. Kind of cool seeing a woman purchasing an AR that's not with her husband.

So she asks about magazines and they tell her that the limit is five 20 rounders and so she proceeds to get five. So already she could possibly be the next Mrs. Stove...:wink:

I don't usually interject my opinion or comments while at a LGS but she is so outgoing and obviously enthusiastic about her new weapon that I tell her congrats, nice weapon, etc... She then offers it up to me to hold (fondle in my case) and totally check it out.

By this time we have a full blown conversation going and I tell her about a LGS in Manassas, VA where she can purchase 30 round magazines for less than what she was about to purchase and then that got into a conversation about open carry being legal in VA. She had no clue about VA's OC laws so we talked about that for a while, which led into non resident permits etc...

When my paperwork was complete I complimented her on the purchase again, she thanked me for the good info and I was on my way.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So........you not only picked up the S&W AR you tried to pick up the lady............:hand10::beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Believe me, you wouldn't want pics....

The experience was interesting for me because:

1. Purchased a new gun
2. A woman was buying an AR. No husband or significant other around. How often do you see that in your local fun store?
3. She was very outgoing and easy to make conversation with.

If you've ever seen Colin Noir's videos, I try not to be "that guy at the gun store" and so I purposely keep to myself. This was totally different which was why I posted.

Not a Penthouse moment, far from it, although it would have been a better story if she was stacked and packed...

Reactions: 91wm6

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Without digits she wasn't there... Without pics you didn't fondle ANYTHING!

Reactions: 65108

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You people have no faith.

Now, if the woman gets hotter, and the gun sexier every time he tells the story...Well, then we'll know...

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Actually VA law is mute on OC. If there isn't a law prohibiting it, it's legal.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not a Penthouse moment, far from it, although it would have been a better story if she was stacked and packed...
You could have lied about it; we're a gullible bunch, and it would make for a much better story! :image035:

Now let's determine if she is really wife material. Did she buy 5.56 or 7.62?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts