1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Looks like only the Butter Crunch flavor. I do not like that flavor.
I remember the big recall a few years back. Horrible.
Wife and i were driving down to Galveston on 45 when one of the first Blue Bell delivery trucks started running again
Cars were honking. flashing lights and giving thumbs up to the driver.
We love our Blue Bell here in Texas.
Only thing i like better is an ice cold Shiner Bock.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Looks like only the Butter Crunch flavor. I do not like that flavor.
I remember the big recall a few years back. Horrible.
Wife and i were driving down to Galveston on 45 when one of the first Blue Bell delivery trucks started running again
Cars were honking. flashing lights and giving thumbs up to the driver.
We love our Blue Bell here in Texas.
Only thing i like better is an ice cold Shiner Bock.
Now, if they'd just make Blue Bell in Shiner Bock flavor.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
How about the video on the page. A girl is punished for warning other students that there is a rapist, but the rapist has been raping girls for years, and the school refuses to deal with the rapist. Charge the administration for aiding and abetting a rapist.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
My all time favorite ice cream is Turkish Coffee, made by McConnell's Ice Cream in Santa Barbara. They use all natural ingredients and real chips of coffee in it. Incredible stuff!

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
If you think Blue Bell is the greatest, you haven't tried bluebunny brand turtle sundae ice cream bars. There was only ever one place I could find them, and that was at a gas station convenience store where we stopped for gas on our way to visit my son. Good thing, too, because I could have eaten myself to obesity on those things! That was nigh on to 20 years ago.

https://www.bluebunny.com/flavor/turtle-ice-cream-bar

You don't have to find a store for me because we only eat homemade ice cream anymore, and the ingredients in those turtle bars make me shudder when I read them!

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
My all time favorite ice cream is Turkish Coffee, made by McConnell's Ice Cream in Santa Barbara. They use all natural ingredients and real chips of coffee in it. Incredible stuff!
I had Turkish coffee once in Turkey. Had a quarter inch of sludge at the bottom of the cup and I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. Does the ice cream do that?

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
I don't like Ben and Jerry's politics, but their flavor "Cinnamon Buns" is the crack of ice cream. I'd eat it until I OD'ed. And I don't even like real cinnamon buns. It is hard to find lately, though.

We have our own small home ice cream maker. That's the best, though.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hate to say it, but frozen custard wins for me. Have a place in Raleigh we stop at every chance we have. I know it's Yankee food - sue me.

View attachment 303874
It's not yankee if you call it a concrete. :wink: (Look up Ted Drews)

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I had Turkish coffee once in Turkey. Had a quarter inch of sludge at the bottom of the cup and I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. Does the ice cream do that?
Not exactly...

Reactions: MMinSC and OldChap

·
Super Moderator
16,151 Posts
When I was stationed at Altus I had a girlfriend who was originally from Crete, frequently she would make me coffee using a briki the same thing as the Turkish ibrik. You have to be careful pouring the coffee from the briki to the cup to prevent getting the grounds and yes it is quite strong.

·
Registered
829 Posts
...And it's important to put exactly the right amount of the "crema" (light-colored coffee froth) on top of the coffee, in each cup.

I once had a Greek uncle-by-marriage who taught me the right way to make Turkish coffee.
And I can still do it, given the right kind of coffee, ground the right way.
I've still got the briki we bought in Sarajevo, in the 1970s.

I really like the stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Reactions: OldChap
1 - 20 of 34 Posts