Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have carried a knife since i was a little kid, and over that time i have owned hundreds of knives.

someone left this Microtech in my car about 4 years ago, and i could never figure out whos it was, so i kept it.

It's a so-com elite from 02/2004

this little knife has been around the country as my workhorse since i got it. it even got on my carry on luggage twice on accident! (big mistake, but the TSA missed it)

if you want a knife to abuse horrifically then this is it!. It has seen saltwater pretty much every day, dirt, sand, mud, dropping off a roof, used to pick locks, scraping paint from concrete, screwdriver you name the abuse, its taken it.

i have never owned a knife that has been so durable, and made of such quality. it opens strongly, and stays sharp for a long time.

if you want a knife that you can trust your life with, GET A MICROTECH. i have one other microtech but it is too pretty to use everyday, but it too is made with absolutely awesome precision.

i'm posting this because my friend broke the tip off finally, and im sending it back for a new blade and a refresh. so far thier customer service has been great!

it is expensive, but i have had this knife for 4 years and havent needed a replacement. it is definitely worth the $350. (and im sure the newer models are even better)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a Microtech just like that one except it is a manual opener Plain edge blade and it was made in 2/2004 also. I agree with everything that you said in your post. One of my favorite EDC knives.
Para82

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Man that's a great knife. I used to have one like that but I left in some guys car down West Palm Beach. I would have just re-pointed the blade myself rather than sending it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's going to have a new blade, and a refinish on the whole thing.

normally i wouldnt mind just doing it myself but it needs some work other than the blade point. going to get re finished all over

1 - 4 of 4 Posts