Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent poll by the Daily Telegraph, one of England’s most widely-read publications, shows Britons themselves maybe far from sold on their current laws.

In the poll asking readers which of a list of laws they would like to see introduced or changed. The overwhelming replies was to “repeal the ban on hand guns and re-open shooting clubs.”

“After all, why should only criminals be ‘allowed’ to possess guns and shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers?” reader Colliemum wrote.

See: Telegraph new law competition: vote now - Telegraph

:image035:

·
Super Moderator
19,904 Posts
I also like the response about and the reasons for a flat tax.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife's British coworker was giving her a hard time about carrying and said something approximating "I wish they would ban them here, too - it would be better just like in England." I responded by sending her about 15 news articles from her country describing how crime had risen 45% give or take 5 points, depending on the source, and in some places it has went up as much as 600%. I don't fault her, I think she's just out of touch.

It's too late for them. They've given up a fundamental right and I doubt they will ever get it back. They've always been further down the nanny state than we have. One would think that sensible people who pay attention would learn from their failure in controlling crime through banning guns. Oh wait, no one pays attention.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't have a whole lot of respect for the Britons when it comes to "rights".

Any man or woman that would bow a knee to someone because of their social standing aint right to begin with.

And like most others, they don't learn from history. Who did they beg for weapons when they thought the Germans were about to invade the homeland? US. As in U.S. They were stupid enough to give up their guns then and now they want them back.
Ummm....to late. Never happen.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Great Britain has been around a lot longer than we have. I just hope when this nation is as old as Great Britain is now, we still have our Rights.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Great Britain has been around a lot longer than we have. I just hope when this nation is as old as Great Britain is now, we still have our Rights.

It's just Britain now. There's no longer anything great about it.

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is encouraging, to say the least.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Technically it's the UK, but 15 years of Blair and Brown (labour govt.) have done so much damage that it'll take decades to repair. I wish them luck. There really are a lot of good souls there. They're just surrounded by idiots.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
It's just Britain now. There's no longer anything great about it.
Truely spoken....It is a shame to see things in the state they are in not only there, but here as well. One could only hope that the Brits would have the grit to actually push the issue. Until then I, with much regret, foresee more instances like the soldier being cut to ribbons in the street happening.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe if Scotland secedes they'll have better firearm laws there? :scratchchin: Maybe. If.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts