Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You need a good whuppin' stick.

Seriously I'd like to take a moment to introduce you all to one of the best values in self defense, a dirt cheap, rugged, and very effective implement that almost anyone can use and afford. Best of all it blends into the background of life so well.

http://www.newtlivesay.com/NL_WA-1.htm

I submit the Newt Livesay WA-1 stick. I own five of them, all stashed in strategic places.

Doesn't look like much, does it? No it does not. And that is the beauty of it.

Unlike a sjambok (a very nasty tool) or your assorted martial arts implements, the Wa-1 does not scream "PAIN" and "ANGUSIH". It can be used effectively by anyone even if you don't have an extensive background in such things.

I carry one out and about often and keep one in my vehicle. For a time I was without a handgun and I'm still without a permit. The WA-1 fills a niche in my personal self defense solution.

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Euclidean

I might jus hafta git me one o' them there whuppin' sticks!

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
That looks like the stick I used to use to punch cattle when I worked at a cattle auction. Add a pair of dark glasses to that and nobody would ever suspect you were carrying your gun.... :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Bumper jdsummer

That looks like the same sort of stick that the authorities "caned" that smart a$$ American kids "tail end" with in Singapore. :1augen71:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think a good way to go would be one Cane Master's canes the're very generic looking and are very well made. They cost between $65. and $125. So far they're accepted at the airport with no problems. They are very effective.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
jdsumner said:
Yeah, but folks'll keep puttin quarters in your hat everytime you take it off.
Hmmm, that would help my "gun fund".... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm going into Hiking Mode. I was looking at poles. I wonder if the WA-1 would double as a good hiking pole? :cool:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Betty,

I have 36" model I walk with, but it's not a good walking aid. I actually carry it for dogs and stay animals. I've fended off an armadillo with it before. It does however look like a walking aid and it doesn't raise eyebrows. You'd be better off with one of his Gray Ghosts for actual hiking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts