Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is in the wrong place, pls move it.

AARP has taken 2 positions, saying they represent Seniors (anyone over 50) on and "lobby Congress" on. (1) is that there should be more firearm restrictions, registration of firearms, etc. and are fully supportive of the Brady Bunch, (2) they fully support of Obamacare and even financing ads in support of it, even tho it reduces $500 billion out of medicarem which obviously will also cut the amount of care (it's fairly limited now).

Obama and AARP, both have stated that the "townhall protest are ORGANIZED BY THE REPUBLICANS to "......

"200,000 people have consequentially canceled their AARP memberships since July 1, 2009 due to their support of the Brady group on guns, and Obamacare. "

AARP : AARP supports keeping seniors defenseless (a small example)

We do continue to support careful measures to restrict the availability of handguns to certain populations.

The prevalence of random violence featuring handguns in some
neighborhoods has resulted in numbers of older people becoming virtual prisoners in their homes. Increasingly, families are suffering the loss of children and grandchildren who are the victims of violent
crimes and senseless shootings. While registration requirements do not eliminate criminal or psychotic misuse of handguns, such requirements reduce the availability of guns, just as laws do not eliminate but do reduce the availability of illegal narcotics.
Reduced availability to inappropriate users means lives saved.

I want to emphasize that AARP policy does not preclude gun ownership for responsible citizens, just as no federal or state law precludes ownership for responsible citizens.

How well does AARP listen to it's members ?? Here's a "taste".
YouTube - AARP Town Hall Meeting on Health Care - Dallas, August 4, 2009

I have recently "cancelled my membership" in AARP due to their stance on these issues. Instead, I am joining the following organization ... Amercian Senior Association ...... who says they fully support ALL Constitutional rights, including the 2nd Amendment. They are also 'against' the Obamacare plan. They have many of the same benefits, discounts, etc.

Medicare Insurance Prescription Discounts Senior Citizens

I'll put my money where my mouth is. I encourage you to send a message if you are an AARP member, and cancel yours as well.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
The people in the head office of AARP have made a statement that a lot of the members disagree with. You have a few antis who think they speak for every one. I'm one of those people who disagree with the AARP. There are a lot of other companies doing the same.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I quit the AARP after one year. They are a virulent anti gun bunch. Now I send their postpaid envelopes back with a few huge washers in them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
So what exactly do they mean when they say they want to restrict certain populations in certain neighborhoods from having firearms? I think if they were a conservative group, critics would automatically assume they were talking about black people in low income neighborhoods and accuse them of speaking in some mysterious code only conservatives can decipher.

Now, AARP wouldn't stand for such a thing would they? I realize gun control has roots in deep-seated racism, but I figured the AARP was beyond that. Guess not.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I quit the AARP after one year. They are a virulent anti gun bunch. Now I send their postpaid envelopes back with a few huge washers in them.
:rofl:

Maybe I'll try sending back a couple of nuts.

:wave:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Yes, stuff those postage paid envelopes with as much old junk mail as will fit, since they have to pay the postage and postage is based on weight.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I cancelled my AARP membership due to their anti position.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Unwanted mail with postage paid return shipping gets 5 to 10 bricks graciously returned to them. But then again, I'm nearly 90% evil- I took the test.

Amazingly, I don't get much junk mail any more.

Dirty

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I fill them with flyers from other bills I get, especially the ones from mobil, bp shell and the like. It is fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts