Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not surprising. Every news source is liberal, except Fox News, so that's mainly who goes on the site. It's biased to begin with just because of where it's posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I cast my vote yes. It is hard to believe the results are not skewed against us. The media does crap like this to sway people who are easy to convince the majority is in their biased favor.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes for me, we're trailing by about 150.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Yes, I do and I'm also quite a fan of the laws regarding not being able to come after one in civil court.

Reactions: Dadsnugun

·
Registered
357 Posts
Go "INCOGNITO" or "IN PRIVATE" in your browser and you can vote as many times as you want. You may have to close out the IN PRIVATE or INCOGNITO window and re-open a new one......but you can vote as much as you want.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
The problem is most people have never read the law and many who voted live in states that don't have the Castle Doctrine. I am also quite sure some less than law abiding people voted in the poll. Polls should be taken with a grain of salt......

·
Registered
42,293 Posts
That's not the poll I get, only one on agreeing with the verdict. ???

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Just visited the page, now it's a poll on agreement with the GZ verdict.

So far, agreement is leading about 2 to 1

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I think that (and the term is horribly overused, especially lately) "Stand Your Ground" laws are a good thing, but they are far from perfect and unfortunately have been misapplied more than a few times, especially recently. I am NOT talking GZ, his was not a SYG case, it is self defense on the most basic level (defending oneself from death of serious injury). I'm talking about cases like some in FL including gang bangers having shootouts and being cleared of criminal liability based on SYG and archaic TX statutes that let people use lethal force to stop escape even for property crimes.

I'm a huge SD advocate (obviously, I wouldn't be on here if not) and give broad leeway in interpretation of such as well, but Joe Horn and Ezekiel Gilbert should be doing life terms for murder. Their shootings were legally justified as a result of poorly written and anachronistic statutes. The 'letter of the law' and the 'spirit of the law' are two very different things.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...agree re: Joe Horn...

...I want the letter of the law to prevail, though...rather than the spirit of the law...I don't want a DA or judge legally able to "interpret" or "read" my intents/motives...that could get real bad real quick...I want the clearly written letter of the law that I must obey and act upon to be the benchmark I'm judged by..............that being said, I agree that a lot of TX law could use a good re-write...

...I'd rather see a few JH types go free than see the majority at the mercy of the whims of a judge who has his interpretation of "why" to judge me on...the "what" is a lot more fair...did I do it...or did I not...

·
Registered
313 Posts
If, and when, acting out of actions predominately guided by the heart, "...nor do I accept their judgement." For it is written, "There is but one given the power to Judge come Judgement Day."

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Most folks don't even know that lethal force is legal in every state and that it has been around since before the invention of coercion that we call Civilization. They wouldn't know the difference between "stand your ground", "castle doctrine" and cold blooded murder, let alone a good old fashioned self defense trial.

Reactions: ccw9mm
1 - 20 of 21 Posts