Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABC News; March 19, 2006

More women, from soccer moms to professionals like the ones at the Blue Ridge Arsenal gun range in Chantilly, Va., are packing heat for sport, self-empowerment and protection.

"I am a short, chubby housewife," said Jaque Blundell of Arlington, Va. "I'm not as scared of the bad guys, because the guns are my great equalizer."

The gun industry is catering to women with everything from more girly guns and apparel to all-female hunting trips and free ladies nights at the range. It's clear the feminine touch is adding up to big business.

"A quarter to a third of all our customers here are women shooters," said Keith Weaver, who works at the Blue Ridge Arsenal.

Five years ago, the National Rifle Association offered just 13 firearms training classes for women. Today, there are more than 200 nationwide.

"If you look at statistics, there are more crimes of passion committed by men than there are women," said Sandra Froman, president of the NRA. "But I say that everyone has their emotions, and one of the things you learn when you take firearms classes is you learn to control your emotions."

Self Defense Becomes A Passion

Froman is the second female NRA president in 130 years. She said that owning guns usually begins as a self-defense tactic for many women and turns into a love for the sport.

We need more women involved in shooting sports - and it looks like its starting to happen! Great news!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Great news indeed :smilez:

I am more delighted when teaching courses at having new ladies coming in than guys - just seems so logical that they should seek a means of self defence.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
An ex-GF of mine told me years ago that a woman only needed two things in life: a driver's license (so she doesn't have to depend on any man to take her any place) and a gun (so she doesn't have to depend on any man to protect her).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sounds like a good thing, Could it be that the snowball is starting to grow, I'm no political expert, but having more and more women can only help the snowball grow fatter and roll faster.

Wooooo Hooooo, out of the way, coming through.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
I saw a news blurb promo about that and I didn't catch when they were going to air the segment. I got the impression it had a positive message about guns.

Shoot! I wish I had seen it!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
In today's paper, the classifieds lists a female only deer hunt, with female guides. This can only be a good thing for our sport. The more people we introduce to shooting, the better in my book!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts