Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a GEN3 GLOCK17. But some people say that it was a plastic gun. After many years, the plastic will crack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can't even think how to respond to this. Google "Glock 17 reviews" if you are serious and educate yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm sure the polymer frames on my Glocks will eventually crack. By then, however, my bones will be dust, so I won't care.

Reactions: StormRhydr

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I want to buy a GEN3 GLOCK17. But some people say that it was a plastic gun. After many years, the plastic will crack.
Don't listen to those people. They are ignorant (or just plain stupid--you pick). Buy your glock with confidence. If those people only own hunting rifles, they are woefully misinformed (or Fudds).

Reactions: scottync

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
You live in Kalifornia. The brown suits will have searched your house, confiscated your Glock and placed you in a re-education camp long before it gets old enough to crack.

·
Banned
3,343 Posts
I have all of mine dipped in the fires of Mount Doom...figuratively. But no, it's plastic and is probably not under a lot of stress being the 'lower'. The slide and barrel are hardened Adamantium or something proprietary that Glock makes a deal with the Debbil to acquire.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Well let's see. There is a Glock 17 that has been fired over 1 million times. Of course some parts have had to be replaced, as one might expect, such as guide rods and return springs, trigger springs and.... perhaps that's about it. The gun still functions.

The simplicity of the Glock is its strength. Go ahead and buy the gen3 G17 you've been considering with confidence. Unless something is wrong from the get go, it will serve you very well.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Whoever these some people are you got that information from, run away fast from them and never ever take any advice from them about any firearms ever again, because they are uninformed idiots, and you don't want to end up like them. It's lucky you dropped in here when you did.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I've heard of problems with the earlier model 40S&W guns cracking frames after thousands of rounds, but not a 17. Don't sweat the hype.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I've got one made in 1992, so far so good.
Glock19.jpg

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
glock17gen3 Maybe you better pick a new handle if you feel a glock frame will crack at some time ??

Maybe change to ( somethingallsteel ) Naaa They crack sometimes too !!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I waited 25 years expecting them to crack, melt down, or just disappear. None of that happened so I bought a couple of them for myself. So far so good.:biggrin2:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.