Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new LCP has now been to the range twice. I am still taken aback by the slide not finishing in an open position after the mag is empty.

Was this an intentional design or is it just because of other design requirements? I am curious about it.

ps. the two jams I have had have both been Gold Dots. About 120 rounds through it so far.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Fine pistol, my wife carries one, but that is an unfortunate drawback. The slide does not lock open after last round is fired.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I agree, the slide not locking back on a empty is a disappointment, but other than that, I think it's a fine little pocket pistol.

For me, I opted to use the FMJ in the winter months for the penetration factor. Not much chance for malfunctions with ball ammo.YMMV

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Most pocket pistol don't lock the slide back at all. At least LCP can be locked back manually, most others can't even do that: NAA Guardian, AMT backup etc.........none of those lock back.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
The KelTec P-3AT does the same thing. I'm not worried about that as it's only a back-up, in your eye firearm...ten shots should be enough to put out an eye.:image035:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts