Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title suggests, when my son first saw this rifle he said, "That's about the baddest-lookin rifle I've ever seen". I'll take that as a compliment. :wink:

I got this 20+ pounder in from Ohio Ordnance Works about a month ago. BTW the folks at OOW were great to work with and they do an excellent job, and quality like it should be. The fit and finish is great, shoots reliably, the shipping packaging was excellent. A+++ from me to them.

After I received it, I had a question about the mag not locking up like it should. I called them and a short time later the guy who actually test-fired all the rifles called me back. He had already researched my serial number on the rifle and had his info in front of him. After a quick discussion there was absolutely no problem with the rifle, he gave me a little hint and the mag locked right up perfectly, and no I wasn't putting it in upside down or backwards. :rofl:

I like WWII guns a lot, and this, to me, is about the ultimate. It shoots as good as it looks. :hand10:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Looks like that handle is there so two people can lug it around.

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Nice looking BAR!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
That thing looks like it will do some damage just siting still.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I have always liked the BAR .... and would love one that was auto. Does this one shoot the 30-06 round, like those used in WWII ?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm drooling. I've seen those advertised in SN before, that would be fun to own and fire.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nice looking rifle, congratulations!

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have always liked the BAR .... and would love one that was auto. Does this one shoot the 30-06 round, like those used in WWII ?
Yes, this one is 30-06. Full-auto originals, aside from the red tape involved, are many thousands of dollars more. It's just as well that I don't have a full-auto version, I'd go broke shootin' up bullets. :embarassed:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
The handle is for women so they can carry it like a purse.
Bonnie and Clyde used a cutdown BAR in their crime spree as did a lot of other gangstas

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That's beautiful.

Can I ask what it set you back?

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The handle is for women so they can carry it like a purse.
Bonnie and Clyde used a cutdown BAR in their crime spree as did a lot of other gangstas

That happened not too far from here. I'm pretty sure that some of their weapons disappeared on the day they were killed, I'm betting some of them are still nearby.

You are right about the cutdown BAR, it was said that it was Clyde's favorite weapon, he pretty much had the leo's outgunned, except on that fatal day.

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Ya Know I think that is one of the most overlooked of the old war horses ou there. Love that gun.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Nice looking gun. My dad carried a BAR all through the Pacific during WWII.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
The BAR and other weapons of that era make me a bit sad when comparing them as far as cosmetics go with what we carry these days. I think a BAR is much better looking than the M249, but thats just me. Not saying the SAW doesn't have its advantages over the BAR, but the BAR is pretty.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts