Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Us Spyderknuts have been waiting on this little project for quite some time now: a Spyderco produced Pakal folder produced in conjunction with the Shivworks/Southnarc crowd.

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18737&page=1&pp=15

The removable wave idea is interesting... no idea how well it will actually work.

I hope in the future they could make a more Wharncliffe style blade in a variant model as a sort of utility model. That handle I like because it looks like it would give solid purchase in traditional and edge in grips.

It actually doesn't look nearly as wild or mall ninja esque as I had imagined, but then again Spyderco's never catered to that crowd.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
nice looking design, guess the wave feature might not be good for me, I would lose it or bend it more than likely.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Interesting design, but it almost looks like it could catch on things, unless I'm missing something at this hour of the morning.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
sorry but am i missing whats so sp about it? the little screw in thumbstud looks like it would be more od a hinderance than a helper

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
If you've used an Emeson wave- the concept is the same. From what I understand, the pin is hardened, if you can break it, you can break the blade. It's removeable for those who prefer the non-wave opening. This isn't a "utility" blade. Single-purpose defensive tool. Sal and SNarc might be able to get a group-buy deal together, over at TPI, if we're lucky and they are so inclined! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Bud the " screw in thumbstud" is actualy to catch on the corner of the pants pocket on knife draw deploying the blade making it the " Dreaded semi auto Tactical Combat Knife " lol in all seriousness it does make a handy self deploying folder if you have need of such i have 2 spydercos i have modded to do the same thing ( mostly to open beer bottles with as well as open shiping boxes while holding them lol )

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Now that's a neat knife. :cool: I like the Wave feature on my Emerson Mini-Commander, but it's not something I used often, because I've seen other Wave people with shredded jeans. :biggrin: I also don't pocket-carry because my pockets are too tight and anything clipped to them eventually slides out.

I wouldn't mind that knife, I like the design and blade shape; I'd just remove the wave option.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
oO( Betty just had to bring up them tight pockets and take all our minds off kinves didnt she LOL )

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Redneck Repairs said:
Bud the " screw in thumbstud" is actualy to catch on the corner of the pants pocket on knife draw deploying the blade making it the " Dreaded semi auto Tactical Combat Knife " lol in all seriousness it does make a handy self deploying folder if you have need of such i have 2 spydercos i have modded to do the same thing ( mostly to open beer bottles with as well as open shiping boxes while holding them lol )

ill pass

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Betty said:
I've seen other Wave people with shredded jeans. :biggrin: I also don't pocket-carry because my pockets are too tight and anything clipped to them eventually slides out.
My concerns, too, Betty, but I believe, since the wave catch is rounded, the "Spickle" should not be a pocket eater. My solution to the jeans pocket (though I wouldn't necessarily call mine tight, no matter what my wife is saying :biggrin: ) was to get a Disciple for belt carry. The handle shape is odd enough that it doesn't seem to register as "kinfe", even to quite a few of my Mil/LE friends. (Clinch Pick might even be better, or the "Rod" available at TPI's sale board)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts