Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In January I took the Texas CHL class. After what seems like an endless wait, I just noticed on the Texas CHL website that my CHL has been put in Mailed status.

I guess the wait is over, and it should be here in the next few days.

Breaking out the victory cigar.

Just thought that I'd share it with people who appreciate it. I'm going to celebrate by going out and buying a new compact carry with my CHL, which will circumvent the normal background check right?

Loving my right to bear arms.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Congrats on the new permit...TX is now going to be a bit safer!:yup::hand9:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Flute Wind instrument Woodwind instrument Tradition Plant

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We seem to be able to get at least two or three boxes down here wherever I go. .45 ACP is about $22 a box of 50 target ammo at the local gun shops. Walmart has the cheap Tulammo for about $14 a box.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Congrats! May you always have it and never need it.

So enquiring minds want to know...can just anyone go to this website and see the progress of peoples permits? Surely there is some security measures in place.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Congratulations and to answer your question...

Yes, if you have your CHL there is no additional background check required for gun purchases...the background check that was performed when you acquired the CHL satisfies the background check requirement.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Congratulations. Stay alert and be safe.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Congrats on getting your permit and welcome to the forum from a fellow Texian (Dallas too!). You are now one more brick in the self-defense wall. Carry with pride and whenever and wherever you legally can. Having a permit means you bypass the background check.

Reactions: shaverdcfp

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm going to celebrate by going out and buying a new compact carry with my CHL, which will circumvent the normal background check right?

Yep the gun store employee will be pleased as well because it equals less work for them lol. I bought a XDS with my chl a couple of months ago. The transaction took as long as it took me to fill out the 4473!

F.Y.I. My CHL took 5 days to get to me, from Austin to the metroplex after it was switched to mailed status.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome & congrats.
Seems like it took mine about 7-8 days after moving to the mailed status. Are you all geared up and ready? The signs to really watch for are the 51%ers. The 30.06 signs are pretty much in your face but the 51% are sometimes kinda sneaky. There is an android app for the TX CHL you can d`load to your phone. Its pretty handy and a good read while your waiting on your wife to get done shopping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rex

I'm gonna break out a...well, let's just say a "Dominican" Cohiba...fair enough? I bought a humidor at a charity auction and believe it or not there were two of them in there on the bottom rack. I asked the guy that donated the humidor and he just smiled and said, "me know nothing."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts