Defensive Carry banner

About to join the OC party

3K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  JeffInPA 
#1 ·
Well i just got my new OWB from winthrop holsters for my 229. Going to wear it but have a t shirt over the top. Definitely wont cover the whole gun but im not worried. Going to keep a log of any interactions in this thread. FYI i am in the Pittsburgh area in case others search for this.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Day 1. Pretty obvious what i had on me. Its not what i would call small. Walked the dog with my gf on the running trail by PNC park and Heinz Field. Went to dinner in southside Pittsburgh at a mongolian grill. Then got ice cream and walked the street for about 30 minutes in a VERY crowded area. Not a word said by anyone. Kinda surprised personally.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I have my LTCF so i am covered everywhere i can legally carry in PA (minus fed buildings and what not). Still nothing juicy so far. Yesterday i got a compliment on my holster but that was at the range so i dont count it.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
So last night i was out walking my gf's dog after a pirates game. I always carry when i do because the area is under bridges and hidden from all major roadways. Didnt carry at the game though as they wand you on the way in. Had my little (6'4 260 lbs) brother with me since hes visiting this week. Made it to the bottom of the steps and two guys trailed us by about 20 ft. I checked behind me twice just to see the distance and how they were acting. Stopped by the side of the walkway with my brother to let them pass and so i could be facing them. Strong side showing in case. Convo went like this.

One of the two: Paranoid?!
Me: about what?
Him: well you checked us twice, and you have a gun.
Me: Nope not paranoid but you never know who may roll up behind you down here.
Him: True. I got one too but i left it home.
Me: Coming from the game?
Him: Yea just gettin outta here but a long walk back to the car for free parking
Me: Yea i understand that. Have a good night

Pretty uneventful but the first time ive gotten asked if im paranoid. For a better idea of where i was so you can understand the location. Look up PNC park and follow the running trail along the water east under thr bridges. I know its an iffy spot but i cant let the dog relieve itself elsewhere.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
The next few days will not be interesting. Traveling to the gun friendly state of NY to visit family!. I know, great. Have to leave behind everything. I already feel naked =( and i am still in PA.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Back from NY. Good lord are they anti gun. After being away from it for a while it really is on a whole different level there that i never realized. The topic came up at the beach one day and one of my friends was literally laughing because she couldnt fathom why anyone would want to carry. This weekend i will have to go deep concealment carry. Wish i could OC but i cant even carry because of company policy. It is for an event to help homeless veterans here. We will be distributing clothes, food, and other things such as haircuts will be available for free. However, it is in one of the shadiest areas of town, mid day on a saturday. Id love to bring the sig but the xds will have to get some playtime for now.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Just picked up a new Kimber Custom TLE II in all black. Will now be my new OC. Nothing to report as far an interactions. OC'ed everywhere i can and no reactions positive or negative. May be i suck at this?

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Im not doing this to get reactions at all. I just figured with all of the OC topics ive seen that people would be calling 911 left and right. I meant it as a joke with the maybe im not doing this right comment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.