Defensive Carry banner

About to join the OC party

3K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  JeffInPA 
Welcome to comfortable carry. Glad to hear you got a good belt, definitely needed for owb carry with a heavy gun. I'll let ya know that you should get use to nothing happening. I use to OC a P226(without a t-shirt over it) and most people never noticed.

Keep carrying how you want. Concealed, kind of concealed, or open, it doesn't matter as long as you're legal and you're carrying.

16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers! - YouTube

This is an example of over the top. A group of OCers that meet regularly in Kansas City had to deal with a MWAG call. It seems about a third of KCPD showed up at the Stake and Shake they were at. I wasn't there but the good thing that happened was that it seems every KC LEO knows about it and that OC is legal.

So if ya worry about an encounter, don't assume there are strength in numbers. Of course if I was a cop and had a call of 16 MWAG I'd call for backup too.

OC'ed everywhere i can and no reactions positive or negative. May be i suck at this?
It depends. If your reason for open carrying is to get reactions, then ya, you're doing it wrong. You probably shouldn't be OCing if that is your reason for carrying. If your reason for carrying is for defense then stop worrying or even looking to see what people's reactions are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.