Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 17 years ago I bought a .30 cal M1 Carbine from my brother in law. My wife and I moved into our new house shortly afterwards. The M1 was placed in the attic and stayed there for 15 years in its case. Once I thought about it I was afraid to open the case thinking it would be a rust bucket. Finally I gathered the nerve to just look. It was in good shape to my surprise. I took it out shot it and placed it in my new safe. Now I want to find some tactical accessories for it for home defense. Possible a pic rail, stock and / or light. Any suggestions on websites or needed accessories? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Keep it the way it is. That's a beautiful piece of history.

Now that I'm off my soap box, I honestly haven't seen many accessories (i.e. stocks or rails) for M1 Carbines.

·
Registered
737 Posts
For accessories, I recommend a sling, oiler, bayonet, and maybe a mag pouch for the stock.

If you're wanting an optic, there's a mount that I saw that appealed to me M1Parts

There were some who were making a bullpup conversion, but I don't think you'll have much luck finding one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's a website. I opted for a few non-permanent changes....added a red dot and a different type of sling which works great over the shoulder. I also carry Corbon DPX rounds with the Barns Copper Bullet. This one is a 1943 Saginaw.....and a great shooter. Almost no recoil, accurate out to about 100 yards and with the Corbon Ammo, considerably more lethal than with standard .30 cal. FMJ rounds.

These are great HD weapons.

M1 .30 Carbine Scope Mount, "Scout" Mount, Folding Stock, Vented Handguard, Optics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts